Angry Home Inspector Failed to Identify Aluminum Wiring

My home inspector did not identify the aluminum wiring in the house I bought on both the home inspection report and the 4-point mitigation. He now says he does not carry any omissions or errors insurance. Is there anything I can do to hold him responsible for this major (expensive) error on his part? I would not have bought the house knowing this.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Home Inspector Failed to Identify Aluminum Wiring

Wasn't there another post and thread on this exact same thing/question?

Maybe by the same person?

I'd so, re-read those replies as nothing changes just by making a new post and thread.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Wasn't there another post and thread on this exact same thing/question?

Maybe by the same person?

I'd so, re-read those replies as nothing changes just by making a new post and thread.
    It is related but not the same question. I am specifically asking if anyone knows if the home inspector should be held responsible and if so, how when he does not have errors and omissions insurance?

Best answer is to consult with an attorney who specializes in construction litigation.

Anyone can be held responsible for anything, if the facts align properly. What comes after that depends on circumstances.

Possible example:
    If an uninsured motorist causes property damage, they can, or may, be found to be "responsible". That finding doesn't necessarily solve the aggrieved person's problem.

Without actually seeing the report, its not possible to determine if the inspector is responsible. Unless having E&O insurance is a requirement of the State, then its up to each inspector if they want to have it.
    Typically, E&O insurance is not going to kick in until a lawsuit is files. Its not like and inspector can just pull out a checkbook and pay.
    An attorney can answer all of your questions, which is probably a better idea than trying to get an answer on this or any forum. It really doesn't matter what any of us say, if we are not attorneys in your State.