Default It just doesn't look right...

It just doesn't look right... to have silver colored and copper colored water piping. I could carefully spray paint a matching color...and then it would look right. I wonder if I can fool the inspector into thinking its all the same?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: It just doesn't look right...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Weekly View Post
    It just doesn't look right... to have silver colored and copper colored water piping. I could carefully spray paint a matching color...and then it would look right. I wonder if I can fool the inspector into thinking its all the same?
    I think it would be possible to fool some inspectors.

That's great Chris. As I recall, you are not too far from me. What city did you find that in?

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Hey Gunnar, good to hear from you. Yes, close by in a little town called Benicia.
    Cracked me up when I saw this, trying to think what would motivate someone to go to this trouble to paint galvanized water pipe. It looked real pretty, and was painstakingly done to prevent overspray onto the framing. Why? Dunno. This falls under the category of: 'What were they thinking?'
    But then I see a lot of unusual projects done where I wonder....What were they thinking?
    I'll bet we could all contribute to the long list of 'WWTT?'

Chris,

Oh, I really like Benicia. Unfortunately, there isn't enough work there. So, it would be necessary to venture into Vallejo.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Highly suspect to be, Spray painted Galvanized Steel domestic potable supply lines. Scratch the surface of the supply line with a file, I have several small files of varying shapes, to get to the base material.
    Recommend further review by a licensed plumbing contactor.
    Act upon any recommendations therein.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Chris,

Oh, I really like Benicia. Unfortunately, there isn't enough work there. So, it would be necessary to venture into Vallejo.
    Yeah, the inspections are limited in Benicia...and I go to Vallejo too - work is work; but most of my work is in Marin - from Sausalito to Novato.

Anyway, I hope everybody likes to see photos of unusual inspection finds. Recognizing non-standard materials, methods and WWTT are part of what we do to make determinations of reportable conditions. I always ask owners questions, if they are on site, to help me understand whether this was done with or without permit, were they qualified/licensed contractors, when was it done, etc. But usually things are pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Highly suspect to be, Spray painted Galvanized Steel domestic potable supply lines. Scratch the surface of the supply line with a file, I have several small files of varying shapes, to get to the base material.
    Recommend further review by a licensed plumbing contactor.
    Act upon any recommendations therein.
    Yeah, or use a magnet for the galvanized.
    This work of art needed no extra investigation. Thought it was really cool looking, but unnecessary. Reported this to be 50/50 copper/galvanized, with no dielectric fittings.