Default Eaton afci breakers

hey All

Inspected two homes last week that had Eaton Afci breakers.I only test Afci breakers when house is vacant or staged--and on both these occasion they were. Well 8 out of the 10 breakers did not trip when test button was pushed. Got home and discovered there is a recall on these breakers built from 2005 to 2015. beware

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Eaton afci breakers

forgot picture

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia, electrical only

zzzzz

Last edited by david shapiro; 11-25-2021 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Didn't succeed in validating the data

Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia, electrical only

Default Re: Eaton afci breakers

Charlie, I couldn't see your image, and I searched the CPSC site and couldn't find the recall. There was ab earlier recall of Schneider QO AFCIs. there was a recall of Eaton combo meterbase disconnects that allowed potentially hazardous interior access. There was no CH AFCI. I did the same search on Eaton's web site. Any chance you meant to type Square D?

Last edited by david shapiro; 11-25-2021 at 07:10 AM.