Default White Mold growing in toilet tanks of new home

Hello,

I am a new member and would like to solicit the input of those of you who have experience with these types of issues. I have a newly-built home in South Carolina. We have two baths on the second floor that are not used too often and therefore the toilets are not flushed regularly.

I noticed a strange white material in the bowl of the toilet after flushing it. I removed the tank lid and noticed quite a bit of white mold (?) growing inside. I then looked at every other toilet tank and saw, to some degree, the same condition. (See attached photo)

Do any of you know what causes this? How to get rid of it? By the way, we are on public water, not a well. The county will only test to the meter. I?m trying to find an experienced testing outfit near Hilton Head Island, SC. I emailed the same photo to a few mold testing outfits and nobody had seen anything like this.

Many Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Charles Lyle; 09-14-2023 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Additional information
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: White Mold growing in toilet tanks of new home

DUPLICATE POSTS - THIS IS THE 3RD POST

THE ORIGINAL POST AND RESPONSES ARE HERE: http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...tml#post289321

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    DUPLICATE POSTS - THIS IS THE 3RD POST

THE ORIGINAL POST AND RESPONSES ARE HERE: http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...tml#post289321
    Jerry,

I posted in each of these areas since one deals with Environmental issues, one deals with Plumbing issues and the other was the default post for being a new member. I wasn?t sure which area would get seen by members with the right background.

Thanks

Last edited by Charles Lyle; 09-14-2023 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Charles, I understand, but it is about one thing, and instead of chasing responses and replies back and forth under different topics, keeping all under one topic allows for better information as all are looking at the same information.

That allows the old thinking caps to be put on and tweak options.

So ... back to the original post to continue.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com