Thread: Deleted posts

Default Deleted posts

I notice that a number of posts, including several of mine, have disappeared from a thread here:

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...f-decking.html

and I assume they were deleted by the system operator.

I have no problem with someone who moderates a a free public access site deleting content they feel is inappropriate.

I do however find it a bit spooky when a number of comments - by several posters - simply disappear without comment or explanation, for one thing it makes it a bit difficult to determine exactly what standards are being enforced.

YMMV.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Deleted posts

If I recall the thread went sour after a few personal post.

I don't have a problem if Brian wants to keep the site clean and not turning into the current freak show that is found on Nicks site.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

The NACHI site *is* a pretty good argument for having a "Just the facts, ma'am." board available somewhere else. I appreciate Brian's efforts and I'm happy to play by the rules here ( or anywhere else I post) - I guess I just have to figure out what they are.

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 04-16-2007 at 08:33 AM.

Chad Fabry Guest

If Brian censored the thread, it'd be the first time that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    I notice that a number of posts, including several of mine, have disappeared from a thread here:

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...f-decking.html

and I assume they were deleted by the system operator.

I have no problem with someone who moderates a a free public access site deleting content they feel is inappropriate.

I do however find it a bit spooky when a number of comments - by several posters - simply disappear without comment or explanation, for one thing it makes it a bit difficult to determine exactly what standards are being enforced.

YMMV.
    Hi Michael,

I do apologize for not posting a comment for deletion.

After receiving emails from many individuals regarding the thread drift (getting off topic) and the direction that drift was going I deleted the posts that did not have anything to do with the question in the topic.

In the past, I deleted the entire thread. With this new board I have the option to easily remove the thread drift and leave the original question and replies that relate to that question.

Luckily, I do not receive batches of e-mails often asking me to look into the contents of a thread.

As a reference/reminder to all, I have posted the Message Board Registration Agreement that everyone registered on InspectionNews has agreed to. This is posted on the top of all threads under "Announcements" or can be found here:

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...uncements.html

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

(BTW, if it matters to anyone here who feels I was deliberately willing to give offense, I edited out the the entries related to that term as a sexual act when I copied it over from the Dictionary of Urban Slang, but unfortunately missed the other reference, which I would have edited out as well).

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    If I recall the thread went sour after a few personal post.

I don't have a problem if Brian wants to keep the site clean and not turning into the current freak show that is found on Nicks site.
    Don't try & kid a kidder, you guys hang on every word.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Don't try & kid a kidder, you guys hang on every word.

I must admit it is worth a good laugh to watch Bushart and Carrio attack everyone that does not agree with their point of view. The art of Crayons have been taken to a new level by Carrio.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com