Jerome W. Young Guest

Default proper supply piping/ air gap at dishwasher

is this burst resistant hose ok to use in this application? this heater is under a kitchen counter.

yes it needs a tpr pipe

Anyone know any reason why this should not have an sir gap or high loop? the drain line comes from the bottom of the dishwasher and directly to the disposal

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: proper supply piping/ air gap at dishwasher

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W. Young View Post
    is this burst resistant hose ok to use in this application? this heater is under a kitchen counter.

yes it needs a tpr pipe

Anyone know any reason why this should not have an sir gap or high loop? the drain line comes from the bottom of the dishwasher and directly to the disposal
    Jerome,

1. I'd say no on the flex line.(See AO Smith attachment)

2.NO! on the dishwasher unless you like disposal water circulating in your dishwasher.

Attached Files Attached Files
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

I agree with Billy ... with some hesitation on the dishwasher high loop - because the dishwasher could - COULD - *COULD* - but might not , have a built in high loop.

I always wrote them up and let a plumber verify that it either had one or they install one.

Also, no clamp at the disposer connection and that dishwasher drain hose could come off, making a real mess real fast.

Also sure that you caught the missing plate at the receptacle back there.

I know you said the T&P needs a relief line, but consider 'how' it is going to be added ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerome W. Young Guest

i dont know on the pipe may cpvc will make it possible. either way I made a note of it and they canfigure it out

Richard Rushing Guest

Also, at a minimum, the hot water side supply line of the water heater should be insulated.

It can't be visually identified by the photo, but since that sucker is inside the home, it needs a drain pan-- was one present?

RR

Jerome W. Young Guest

yes a pan was present believe it or not.

Thanks All