David Matherly Guest

Default Health Insurance

I know this is not the "norm" as far a home inspection topics go but I am a new inspector and I would like to know what, if any health insurance possibilities are for a home inspector.

Thanks,
    Mike

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Health Insurance

Try NASE. I have had insurance through them for the past couple of years, mainly since they specifically included on-the-job accidents.
    I could get cheaper health insurance through my wife's employer, but they would not cover me if I fell of a roof.
    I will be looking for a new source pretty quick though, I just got another price increase today.
    I payed a 25% premium over the quoted price since I had a sore shoulder that my doctor wrote of to arthritis a few years ago, then another increase last year and a jump from 400 to 485 per month today.
    Over a 20% increase!
    Of course I just turned 50 so I might be out of luck finding anything cheaper.
    BTW, I do have disability rolled into that payment.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

NASE is who we have also.

They have paid out on claims quickly and the insurance has always been taken at the hospitals with no out of pocket at the moment.

We chose a 3500. deductible to attempt to reduce the premium a bit but still pay out like 560. a month. Thats coverage just on me and the wife. Thats not for a family policy.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by David Matherly View Post
    I know this is not the "norm" as far a home inspection topics go but I am a new inspector and I would like to know what, if any health insurance possibilities are for a home inspector.

Thanks,
    Mike
    The only reason my wife works is for health insurance, this is how we take care of this issue.

I have a very good home inspector friend who works at Starbucks 20-25 hours a week so he can get their health insurance.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

David Matherly Guest

I appreciate all the information.

God Bless,

Mike