David Macy Guest

Default Home Inspector Pro Report Software

I thought I would share my recent experience with Home Inspector Pro(HIP)

I have been in business since 2002.

I started using AHIT paper reports. Then I went to there computerized report system. I used a Toshiba Portege in the field and tried printing on site.

I had issues with printer and it did not go smoothly.

I then just used a paper checklist and did report at home. Usually 2 to 3 hours.
    The support was terrible and I had numerous bugs from the software as it often locked up my computer and I lost information.

So about 2 months ago I tried HIP.

Dominic has been awesome as his support is beyond description.

With his help I purchased a Samsung Q1 in the field. Has a 7 inch screen and is perfect for in the field.

It now takes me about an hour to do the report. It has worked out very well.
    If I have an issue or concern Dominic is there to help.

I also purchased his website.

I also used AHIT. They changed servers and never let me know. I never was getting any referrals.

Since I changed with HIP i get hits of the internet and have not even begun to optimize my site.

So if you are not satisfied with your report software or just starting out please check out HIP. Home Inspection Software - Home Inspector Pro - Home

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Brian Thomas Guest

Default Re: Home Inspector Pro Report Software

Well, I am just getting started in the biz and I have AHIT paper reports as well as their software. I sure hope they have worked out all the bugs you speak of by the time I really start to use them.

David Macy Guest

Brian

Everyone has there own opinion and preference to the software they use.

I liked the look of the AHIT report but it was very time consuming and the support was lousy(For me)

I really like the HIP report and support.

I also like the fact that I have been saving at least an hour per inspection in completing my reports.

Also with AHIT I could not use there program with a palm in the field. (At least not the Narrative Plus template that I was using)

I love the Q1 and HIP. I really got to dislike the AHIT. (But this is my opinion)

Thanks for the response

Brian Thomas Guest

Yeah each person is different on what they like. I will find out in time what I like and what I dont like about AHIT's version. Hopefully the good will far outweigh the bad. If not, there are a plethora of other options out there

I also use HIPro, both the report system and I have two websites that Dominick has helped me build, and hosts for me.

Let's talk about the reports first. Prior to HIPro, I was using the Carson Dunlop system. It was ok, but I never was happy with the way it looked or worked. When I spoke to the support at CD, the answer was always "that's the way it is."

With HIPro, I can make it do anything I want it to. I've even designed my own EIFS Inspection template. Now that all of my information is in the system, I can do a report very quickly. The last report I did needed some tweeking because it was an invasive inspection, so there were a few new boilerplates that I had to develop. Well, it took me about 20-30 minutes from start to finish.

I usually include alot of pictures in my reports. You may think I am crazy, but it is not unusual for me to have 50-70 pictures in a report... somtimes more. It takes less than 2 minutes to download (upload?) that amount of pics.

Dom is always doing something to make the system even better. Last week he worked out a deal with a bank, and now we have full credit card capabilities at a really cheap price.

As far as the website, I have to admit that I am a dinosaur when it comes to computers. My old web host did nothing for nothing, and especially was no help whatsoever when it came to helping with design, changes or SEO. Dominick is unbelievable! He is always there to help. 7 days a week... all hours of the day and night. OK, yes he has a life and if it is over some trivial, he may have to schedule me in when he gets a chance. But he has NEVER... EVER left me hanging.

By the way, especially with my EIFS site, if you Google ANY area that I have targeted, I come up # 1 or #2... in most case #1 & #2.

I really value and appreciate DOMINICK and couldn't imagine not being part of the HIPro family.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Regarding the AHIT paper and computer reports. Our company, with four inspectors, has been using AHIT reports since 2001. We no longer use the paper reports. All of our field inspections are completed on site using Dell laptop computers and Cannon Pixma 90 and 100 model printers. With the AHIT software you have the ability to preload comments and to edit the report format to fit your needs. A typical inspection from start to finish including printing a report on site is 2 to 3 hours in length. Not saying that AHIT is the best. Just saying it a good program.