Default Superior CF4360 Gap at Smoke Chamber/Piping Transition

Gentlemen:

I'm looking for any information on a Superior CF4360 FP#Y-73057 regarding a visible gap at the smoke chamber/flue transition.
    Anyone else ever see one of these that really looks like the gap belongs there?

In almost thirty years of hearth servicing, we've never come across this particular model.

Sincerely,
    A. Bart Ogden, President
    Home Safe Hearth & Chimney, Inc.
    Wichita, KS
    Voice 316-265-9828
    Fax 316-265-9890
    www.HomeSafeKS.com

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Superior CF4360 Gap at Smoke Chamber/Piping Transition

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Ogden View Post
    Gentlemen:

I'm looking for any information on a Superior CF4360 FP#Y-73057 regarding a visible gap at the smoke chamber/flue transition.
    Anyone else ever see one of these that really looks like the gap belongs there?

In almost thirty years of hearth servicing, we've never come across this particular model.

Sincerely,
    A. Bart Ogden, President
    Home Safe Hearth & Chimney, Inc.
    Wichita, KS
    Voice 316-265-9828
    Fax 316-265-9890
    www.HomeSafeKS.com
    I'm guessing that this is a fireplace made by Superior? For the most, we are only humble home inspectors and we need a little more information at times..

If you have a picture it would be very helpful, but I wouldn't think that you would want to see any gaps.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: Superior CF4360 Gap at Smoke Chamber/Piping Transition

Hi Scott,

I'm looking for chimney inspectors' feedback on this particular issue. I realize that home inspectors wouldn't have information on this.

Bart

Cool Re: Superior CF4360 Gap at Smoke Chamber/Piping Transition

Hi Bart, how have you been?

I am not intimately familiar with this model Superior box so I cannot help you on it. I do know there is an intentional gap on all Heatilators and most Heat&Glos for the last 15 yrs. This is where the cooling air from the bottom and side louvers dumps into the flue to:
    a) cool the firebox
    b) turbo charge the flue gases.

The old Heatilator Mark 123 did this using louvers at the top of the smoke chamber.

If Lennox (Superior) Tech Support cannot help, try Jimmy Kress at Specialty Supply in Cherry Hill, NJ. He sells replacement parts to sweeps for older Superior and Marco units and advertising in Alt. Energy Retailer Mag. 800-331-9234

HTH,
    Bob Harper

Keep the fire in the fireplace.