Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Phones Gone Dead

Things have grinded to a near halt in my neck of the woods. Phone has rung maybe 5 times this week and started tailing off last week. I did three inspections early this week but it looks like I've got the rest of the week off. Very infrequent hits on my site too. I guess it's just one of those dead zones.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Phones Gone Dead

Yep, it has slowed. I can't help to think that it might have something to do with the Virgina Tech tragedy.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Its IRS time. Always slows down for a few weeks, then people get in the mood again for shopping. Plus if its been raining like it has here, people just don't get out and look for a new home.

David Banks Guest

I had dead winter but this April is my best ever. Double what I did last year in April and only the 19th. Keep my fingers crossed.

Makes sense Rick. I never thought of that. I was on a great pace for the month until tax time hit. It was shaping up to be my best month yet.

Tim Moreira Guest

Nick,

Update your profile so we know where you're at.

Southeastern PA, surrounding Philadelphia areas.

Tony Escamilla Guest

Talking Re: Phones Gone Dead

Business is still good in Southern California. Thank God!!! I have 9 inspections booked for this week, and it's only Monday. Can't complain. I hear interest rates are going to be cut by the Fed soon. That always puts a boost on the market. Advertise, advertise, advertise. That's the only way to survive.

Still very slow here for me. Four calls in 5 days. Where the heck are all the buyers? I'm gettin' bored here.

Nick,

Its all these foreclosures dumped onto the market that hurting the RE business.

Plus the fact all the buyers out there right now are the same folks who have been foreclosed on and think they can get another loan on another place.

All that B paper for loans is history right now. A loan officer told me that their cracking the whip again on persons with foreclosure history. NO home loan for at least (3) years.

And it should be in my opinion.

If it gets too slow, I might have to start dancing again.

Tim Moreira Guest

You could combine the two and be known as the dancing inspector

Talking Re: Phones Gone Dead

I think it boils down to too many inspectors competing for too little money. There probably is enough work for a smaller group of inspectors, but this seems to be "the business to get into" nowadays because it is so easy and pays so well. (snicker) In slow times you should be busy enough to make your nut. In busy times you should be going crazy and complaining of too much work.