Aaron Lore Guest

Default Water water everywhere

I was in a house the other day that had a very bad water problem that no one has been able to figure out. 1st off you need to know that the lady has her humidifier turned to high. There was so much moisture in the attic it was dripping off of the nails sticking through the plywood, the plywood had been wet all along the south end of attic, and mold was present. I believe there could be more vents at soffit and ridge, but there are vents provide in attic and crawl space. Inside the home all the windows were iced up and the front storm door was an ice cube (this was most likely from the humidifier) In the crawl space the was more signs of moisture. All along the inside of the front wall of structure was wet and moldy. The mold mitigator will not start mitigating untill problem is found. My question to you is, would the humidifier cause all this moisture?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Water water everywhere

It is a good place to start, but there is another thread here concerning attic moisture that lists lots of other sources.

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...-moisture.html

Last edited by Jim Luttrall; 02-25-2008 at 11:23 AM.
    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Default Re: Water water everywhere

I would start with the blasted humidifier. If it has gas heat, look at the venting to see if it has problems. Look at all of the gas appliances. If the home has gas wall heaters, they produce a ton of moisture. Next would be the ventilation of the bathrooms and the ventilation of the attic.. If all of the vents for the home are frozen over then the home is not venting.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com