Exclamation **IMPORTANT** Everyone must read

There are rules that every member on this board has agreed to when they registered and a policy to enforce them.

I suggest EVERYONE read them again as the policy has recently changed.

You can find the "Announcement: ** IMPORTANT ** Board Rules Infraction System/Policy " at the top of the threads in every forum.

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...uncements.html

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: **IMPORTANT** Everyone must read

I'm glad I missed whatever I missed...

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Jim Zborowski Guest

thanks for reiterrating that Brian, is starting to turn into a bashing contest again.

Richard Rushing Guest

Wasn't even a part of it... can't tell you what thread it was.

But I can probably guess that it probably has something to do with a monkey, a midget, a clown, a white rabbit (invisible type), a diamond ring or a bad inspector.

What'd I win???

RR

James Duffin Guest

I have learned that for me the best way to abide by the rules is to post my opinion and not try to defend it. I have gotten carried away in the past and it is not worth it. And I apologize to Brian for previous violations.

Brian, You know that Inspection News is my favorite and only home inspect web sight and I have been a member from its inception. I like to read the posts every day and have expressed my opinion about the posts and posters without conviction. I like to think that I'm fair about my opinions and convictions and have received many e-mails from other posters to that effect. The recent posts that call me derogatory names and gestures from cute images are un called for. I can take a lot of joking and kidding, but this has gone to far. Please remove posts #23, #25, #43, #45 under Wes Owens post " Flipping on the side " and remove Aaron Miller and Richard Rushing from the board. We would like to see that you mean business. Thanks Tony Mount

Aaron Miller Guest

To Whom It May Concern (i.e. not anyone in particular, Tony):

Gosh, I simply must p-r-o-f-u-s-e-l-y a-p-o-l-o-g-i-z-e for speaking my mind! I sometimes forget that we are living in P.C. 1984, ala "W" and friends. Free speech is passé. Doing anything, even speaking freely, is only to be tolerated in the name of profit. Profit makes everything alright: war, crime, dishonesty, et al.

Shine on, dime-dropping, diamond-polishing, huntin', fishin', run-to-church-on-Sunday-rip-off-the-general-public-on-Monday . . . piece of work.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mount View Post
    ...I like to read the posts every day and have expressed my opinion about the posts and posters without conviction.
    My bold.
    You have expressed your opinion about posts and posters without conviction? What does that mean?

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Looks like a few of your regulars are having a little trouble meeting your standards, Brian.

I find them refreshing.

and remove Aaron Miller and Richard Rushing from the board. We would like to see that you mean business. Thanks Tony Mount
    Brian,

Now that *Tony* has brought up specific names on people to remove, simply removing "Tony" would eliminate the need to remove the others.

Tony make derogatory remarks and comments about others and their ideas, then cries like a baby when his toes are stepped on.

Mind you, Tony brought up naming names, and, as such, should be the first name on the 'to be removed' list.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Jerry...Brian has solicited this "naming of names" that you seem to object to.

From his notice:
    "...an infraction will be given to any individual who's post (posted on or after 02/26/08) has been reported to me by another member..."

Tony is simply complying with the directive.

Or is it your interpretation that only you, as you have done in the past, are the one who can influence Brian to act against someone else?

Last edited by Harvey Hempelstern; 02-27-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: To add a thought....

Aaron Miller Guest

I'm going to make this simple. I will not post to this site for 30 days. Maybe not ever again.

Aaron

...The recent posts that call me derogatory names and gestures from cute images are un called for. ..
    Tony - Look up the word hypocrite. Then look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hempelstern View Post
    Jerry...Brian has solicited this "naming of names" that you seem to object to.

From his notice:
    "...an infraction will be given to any individual who's post (posted on or after 02/26/08) has been reported to me by another member..."

Tony is simply complying with the directive.

Harvey,

Please point to the place in there where Brian says to do so in public.

Doing so in public really does fulfill the *do not do these things* listed in the list - doing so in public hits virtually every single one of these, thus, Tony should be the FIRST ONE removed:

"Defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, and/or threatening"

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Or is it your interpretation that only you, as you have done in the past, are the one who can influence Brian to act against someone else?
    White Rabbit, or Invisible White Rabbit, (not sure which)

I have as much influence on Brian as I did on Nick.

Now tell me, exactly how much influence did I have on Nick?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Please point to the place in there where Brian says to do so in public.
    His silence on public or private complaint leaves it to the discretion of the person making the complaint. At least a public complaint allows the party being complained about to address it....which would probably only bother the cowardly complainer.

Apparently, your influence on others is not all that much, as you have so aptly pointed out. I stand corrected.

His silence on public or private complaint leaves it to the discretion of the person making the complaint. At least a public complaint allows the party being complained about to address it....which would probably only bother the cowardly complainer.

Apparently, your influence on others is not all that much, as you have so aptly pointed out. I stand corrected.
    Gee Harvey ( James ) (Rabbit ) (Hump) whoever.

How you control Your Message Board would be up to how you want to run it.

I've noticed you are long on comment, short on subject and deflect questions as if they were not asked.

If you followed Raymond here in the hopes to discredit him you have done the opposite.

If you have something constructive to contribute.

Please start the Thread.

If you only have old axes to grind why not take it elsewhere?

Otherwise us old common HI's might think you are here for your own personal political
    agenda.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Raymond who?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Gee Harvey ( James ) (Rabbit ) (Hump) whoever.

I've noticed you are long on comment, short on subject and deflect questions as if they were not asked.

Raymond who?
    If you would like a moment consult your script writer.

I understand.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Understand what?

Does your mommy and daddy know that you are playing with their computer, Billy?

Understand what?

Does your mommy and daddy know that you are playing with their computer, Billy?
    Mr. Hempelstern,

Both my Parents are dead.

I got your PM and I don't know you either. As to you not caring about my opinion I'm not seeing anything useful from yours.

I understand your only reason to post here is to promote your own political agenda.

Good day Hemelstern.

I hope both your parents are still alive and healthy.

Harvey,

I hope your a bit more careful in your thinking before you go making comments as such about Billy Stephens parents or of someone you don't even know. Maybe you should just stay over on the NACHI board where you feel so comfortable being.

Billy, I feel for you as I have lost a parent also. Its tough I know.

rick

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Harvey,

I hope your a bit more careful in your thinking before you go making comments as such about Billy Stephens parents or of someone you don't even know. Maybe you should just stay over on the NACHI board where you feel so comfortable being.

Billy, I feel for you as I have lost a parent also. Its tough I know.

rick
    Thanks Rick,

It looks like Harvey is here to run damage control, I mean doing PR .

He'll report back to his Boss in a few days to tell him what a good job He has done and we won't see him again until another Blow-up happens that needs His Personal Attention.

Exclamation Re: **IMPORTANT** Everyone must read

Yesterday I was away from the computer. I took the day off to put down a furry family member of 17 years. Today I was out of the office most of the day so I'm sorry I have not responded sooner.

I come back to work this afternoon to an in box full if e-mail from many members on the board encouraging me to act on my own rules/policy because they are sick of the petty personal bickering that continues to go on between a few members of InspectionNews. There is a common thread through most of the e-mails that I received and that is that they come to InspectionNews to learn and/or help others and have a good time and that they would like to so without the train wreck of off topic post and personal attacks that are going on.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I thought I made that point clear two days ago when I reminded everyone of the rules they agreed to when they registered on the message board and the policy for enforcing those rules.

I went back and read several of the posts that were mentioned. Posts put up after I had once again asked everyone to simply follow the rules. I think it just comes down to the fact that InspectionNews is not the place for everyone.

For those that do not have the social skills to come into my home and discuss topics without defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or threatening remarks towards one another, there are other places you can go. I've read posts that knock InspectionNews and the people who post here. I have opened up my home and allowed you to come in for free. If you don't like it here, leave. It's as simple as that.

InspectionNews was developed for mature business professionals. Entrepreneurs who are interested in discussing all aspects of the inspection business, to help educate one another and collectively improve the quality of the inspection industry and to help individual businesses succeed. If you do not have the social skills to voice your opinion without tearing into someone else then InspectionNews is not the place for you.

InspectionNews is for the new inspector, established inspectors and those just thinking about getting into the business. Everyone should feel comfortable asking any inspection related question without the fear of being ridiculed. This is a place where people come for answers and help. Even if you think that the question is remedial either answer the question and try to help the person or don't answer at all.

I have spent more time then I care to on this subject. I have done all that I can to reiterate the rules & policies and let adults police themselves. For those of you that don't agree with InspectionNews, I thank you for stopping by and wish you the best in where ever you go. The professional business men and women will remain and help one another to succeed.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hannigan View Post
    ...I took the day off to put down a furry family member of 17 years...
    Brian - My condolences. It's one of the saddest things you have to do. Every time we have put down a beloved pet, I bawled like a little kid, I'm not ashamed to say.