David Banks Guest

Default Re: Upside down house.

Not familiar with your up-side-down house, but how about the little bridge that couldn't?
    At least that once mobile home now has a "water view."

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

How about a house with your own island? How much you think this one cost?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Now here a room (lobby) with a nice view.

Here's another house on its own island. Can't really see from the photo but this is completely surrounded by water. It's called Clingstone, or House on the Rocks, and it's in Jamestown RI where we usually spend a couple weeks in the summer.

David Banks Guest

John is that the one you can see from the new bridge to Newport?

David Banks Guest

John is that the one you can see off in the distance from the new bridge to Newport?

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    John is that the one you can see off in the distance from the new bridge to Newport?
    That's the one.

They have one of those attractions here in Orlando as well, I believe it's called Wonderworks.

And no, I've never been there... too touristy for me.

David Banks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    They have one of those attractions here in Orlando as well, I believe it's called Wonderworks.

And no, I've never been there... too touristy for me.
    This one is in Pigeon Forge on the road to the entrance to Great Smokey Mountain National Park. I was there in 2000 and cannot believe the development since then. I think they are turning into a Branson Missouri type deal.
    Jerry M Thats a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    This one is in Pigeon Forge on the road to the entrance to Great Smokey Mountain National Park. I was there in 2000 and cannot believe the development since then. I think they are turning into a Branson Missouri type deal.
    Jerry M Thats a classic!
    I think that is Ripley's Believe it or Not. We have a cabin we stay at in Gatlinberg not far from Pigeon Forge, in fact we will be up at it over the Easter weekend. It has really grown over the past few years. Thank goodness for the backroads that most folks don't know about.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

David Banks Guest

Scott. We stayed in Gatlinberg for a night and went into the Park for a day. It had rained heavily the night before and the rivers and waterfalls were impressive. Nice area.

Tom Adkinson Guest

The photo is not actually an upside down house. Instead, it's a delightful visitor attraction in Pigeon Forge called WonderWorks. It's part science museum, part amusement park and frankly lots of fun.

The reason the facade on the building is upside down is the attraction's fanciful story. It's a science lab from the Bermuda Triangle that got lifted off its foundation by a storm and deposited upside down in Pigeon Forge.

WonderWorks' Web location is www.WonderWorksTN.com. If anyone wants to talk with one of the execs there, try Rich Benjamin at 865-868-1810.

(I know all this stuff because I do some work for Pigeon Forge--tourism work, not building inspections.)