Default Inspecting in Missouri????

Business is trying to pick up for me here in Northeast Arkansas.

Unfortunately the jobs I had scheduled for today cancelled because of the line of snow & ice moving through my area today(forecast is for 4" - 8" of snow for me, people here go nuts at the thought of any amount of snow). So now I've got a little time on my hands and I wanted to pose a couple of questions & see if perhaps someone could help me with an answer.

From what I find Missouri does not license home inspectors, but are there any other laws or restrictions that would prevent me from inspecting there? I have received several calls from the Bootheel area of Missouri, which is just north of me, mostly the Kennett and Hayti areas, all are from referrals from previous clients. I hate to turn down the business, but I want to be sure that this won't create a problem. I've already contacted my insurance carrier, I've been told that they will have an answer in a couple of days on their view. Preliminary answer was that it shouldn't be a problem.

Are there any organizations that are actively promoting licensure in Missouri? Since this area is so close to me I plan to license in Missouri when it becomes necessary. Any information that anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Inspecting in Missouri????

Quote Originally Posted by Alton Darty View Post
    Business is trying to pick up for me here in Northeast Arkansas.

Unfortunately the jobs I had scheduled for today cancelled because of the line of snow & ice moving through my area today(forecast is for 4" - 8" of snow for me, people here go nuts at the thought of any amount of snow). So now I've got a little time on my hands and I wanted to pose a couple of questions & see if perhaps someone could help me with an answer.

From what I find Missouri does not license home inspectors, but are there any other laws or restrictions that would prevent me from inspecting there? I have received several calls from the Bootheel area of Missouri, which is just north of me, mostly the Kennett and Hayti areas, all are from referrals from previous clients. I hate to turn down the business, but I want to be sure that this won't create a problem. I've already contacted my insurance carrier, I've been told that they will have an answer in a couple of days on their view. Preliminary answer was that it shouldn't be a problem.

Are there any organizations that are actively promoting licensure in Missouri? Since this area is so close to me I plan to license in Missouri when it becomes necessary. Any information that anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated.
    For now MO is wide open and no license is needed. A bill is in the legislature and it sounds like it has a chance. A few iNachi members are fighting to defeat it, but they are just a blip on the screen. I'm sure we will hear from one of them shortly.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Richard Stanley Guest

"Licensing solves everything" James Bugfart, MO.

....Nachi is a perfect example why licencing is required. The only reason Nachi and Bushfart want no part of it is because licencing will make them accountable.