Thread: TX vehicle tax

John Brown Guest

Default TX vehicle tax

Just like to get a show of hands of how many of you Texas inspectors are rendering your (personal) vehicle (used for business purposes) for taxation and getting the exemption (that the realters worked so hard to get).

If you dont want to go on record with real name, say something like "well I've heard everyone is registering, it is, after all, the law" or "hell no, and anyway I ride a bike to work.."

Deadline for 2008 is May 1.

info at Governmental Affairs | HARblog.com

John Brown

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Aaron Miller Guest

Default Re: TX vehicle tax

Gee, Mr. John Brown with no public profile, anonymous inquisitor, why would we want to do something like that?

Aaron - Not my real name, don't own a bicyle.

John Brown Guest

I take that to mean "no." Thank you.

JB

Covering the greater golden trapezoid since 2008!
    www.SOBinspections.com

Aaron Miller Guest

No, to what?

Aaron

John Brown Guest

No to my question.

Sincerely,

JB

Aaron Miller Guest

Which question?

Aaron

Nolan Kienitz Guest

JB,

As Aaron suggested why don't you provide a little more information about yourself and why you would want to know the data?

Maybe post a "poll" instead of burying several questions in a single posting.

You have several questions on about one/two sentences and are not at all real clear.

More data would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I take that to mean "no." Thank you.

JB

Covering the greater golden trapezoid since 2008!
    www.SOBinspections.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Kienitz View Post
    JB,

As Aaron suggested why don't you provide a little more information about yourself and why you would want to know the data?

Maybe post a "poll" instead of burying several questions in a single posting.

You have several questions on about one/two sentences and are not at all real clear.

More data would be helpful.
    And a real web site. www.SOBinspections.com

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Aaron Miller Guest

Let's take a closer look at Mister Brown. We may be missing his point, whatever that may be. Actually, I was thinking that he could be playing a different kind of game with us than even he is aware of. Perhaps through the use of anonymity he is inviting us to play a game. What sort of game? A guessing game, of course!

We are, after all inspectors. Our job often consists of taking observed data (clues) and assembling the pieces to make a picture of the previously unknown. So then, who is this mysterious Mister Brown?

Captain John Brown the abolitionist, holy warrior of Harper's Ferry fame? A UPS truck driver? Maybe he's even a UPS truck driver who's writing a novel about murder on the underground railroad. How about the ghost of John Brown? John Brown once went under the name of Isaac Smith. Maybe this is old Isaac come back to have a chat.

That's all very esoteric and perhaps a bit over the top. Maybe we're missing something here. Let's take the Occam's Razor approach and look for the simplest explanation. I think I have it. Mr. Brown is not really Mr. Brown at all, he simply erred when filling out the form provided by the Hann in the Sky and inadvertently reversed his names. He' really Mister Brown John.

Now there's a different twist. If you look that one up at Wikiwhosit.com, you'll soon come to the realization that we've all been writing to nothing more than an uncleaned toilet.

So then, Mr. John, run along now and spiff yourself up. Come back and join us once you've cleaned up your act and gotten yourself a real name.

Match point,

Aaron

I don't have a dog in this TX fight, but I did look at Mr. Brown's previous posts. From the posts it appears (at least to me) that he is a home inspector and not some tax skunk trying to set up helpless hard working Texas home inspectors.

John Brown may or may not be his real name. After all, there must be a bunch of them otherwise people wouldn't be skeptical of it. If it is his real name, give it a rest. If it's not, then maybe Mr. Jones should should re-enter this forum under his real identity.

JF

Aaron Miller Guest

I don't have a dog in this TX fight, - maybe Mr. Jones should should re-enter this forum under his real identity.
    There's no fight, and that's exactly what I suggested. If he has a real identity, that is . . .

Aaron

John Brown Guest

Smile Re: TX vehicle tax

Sheesh.

I started this thread asking a very simple question: whether inspectors are planning to render their vehicles for TX tax and then getting the exemption. This is very plain in the first post. What is the big deal? Im trying to stay positive and informative and wish to share views. The guys and gals I know away from this site are mostly going to hide under rocks and avoid the whole issue. Some TX counties are not very swift about tracking down small businesses with no storefront. Since its an exemption from tax, it does nothing for the counties to just track businesses down, as they will get no tax revenue.

All this monkeying about regarding identities. I have access to the internet. And I speak english (sort of). I could be in Outer Bumpistan. It doesnt matter. If the proprietors of this site don't like that, they can certainly remove me. I have not been disrespectful to any of you.

I think I have brought up a subject of interest to Texas inspectors. No one else has mentioned this as far as I can tell. Now if any professionals have an opinion I would welcome it.

Respectfully,

JB

info at Governmental Affairs | HARblog.com

Aaron Miller Guest

John:

No offense, but anonymity on a public forum is a bit like a secular version of donning a Burka on a public bus. And you don't even have a religious conviction to tout.

The rest of us don't seem to have a problem with revealing our identities. So, what special set of circumstances justifies your closeted approach?

You may be the most respectful and wonderful human on earth, but if you act like there's a reason we shouldn't know who you are, you are apt to trigger distrust in some, and create the very circumstances under which no one wants to know who you are.

You certainly have a right to act in any fashion that you choose. You also don't have any obligation to explain yourself to me or anyone else.

Perhaps you think that remaining incognito makes you more mysterious; will draw more attention to you. It has, but maybe not the kind you wanted.

Where exactly did you weigh in on the thread about closets being habitable spaces? You're perhaps the undisputed expert on that one . . .

Aaron

John Brown Guest

There are around 5000 folks on this site, folks like "newton newton" and "cash" and "billy boy".

Everyone has his or her reasons. Some are legal. This is a public site and readily searchable. Remember that grandparent of the kid that died in the dishwasher? Out of the blue. G#%gle works fast. I understand that it may affect peeps reactions to me and that is the price. No problem. Im not out anything.

This subject (TX vehicle tax) has hit a raw nerve. Everyone is hunkering down and ignoring the situation. That in itself tells me a lot. Remember, there is no tax here, no money here. You file for the exemption and that is it. The fear is that once you are in the system in the future Austin will change its mind and stick it to ya. That is what is really going on.

Sorry I asked. Now lets get back to those pesky FPE breakers.

JB

Aaron Miller Guest

Burka Boy:

The Hann in the Sky runs his site as he sees fit by allowing anonymous posts. I strongly disagree with that practice, but it's not my site. I think everyone should have access that is limited by the amount of information they are willing to reveal about themselves. Those who remain shrouded should remain silent as well.

Aaron

As far as the vehicle tax goes, I'll ignore it until it goes away or they come after me. It is not a hot topic and barely noticeable on my radar screen.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

John Brown Guest

Thank you Dr. Luttrall for your frank assessment.

JB