Thread: tub view

Default tub view

Here's a candidate for safety glass if I ever saw one. I'm also posting this so youse guys don't think the only places I inspect are old row homes in the inner city!

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: tub view

Hey, did you notice the gardener signaling with a mirror out in the yard. He's ready for the show. Ugh I can only imagine.

John,

C'mon that's a picture of someone's back yard hung over that tub.

You were dreaming of being away from your row houses and found this optical illusion tryin' to fool us.

But you are right about the glass issue, good catch!

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

Louie Hoehn Guest

Instead of replacing the entire window or pane of glass, would it be prudent to suggest a laminate, they are a lot cheaper, go on like window tint, and can stop a baseball bat

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Hoehn View Post
    Instead of replacing the entire window or pane of glass, would it be prudent to suggest a laminate, they are a lot cheaper, go on like window tint, and can stop a baseball bat
    However ...

That "does not make the glass safety glass".

Meaning that if you recommend that, and they do it, and fall against the glass, breaking the glass, and are injured in any way (by the glass or not), *YOU* could be held liable should the injury be enough (or the person be 'one of those') to warrant contacting an attorney.

Not the type of letter I would want to receive (I would not even want the phone call the client might make to you before contacting their attorney), or, to make matters even worse, how about the people who buy the house from the people you recommend that too?

Yep, they could definitely put you at the top of their attorney's list of 'responsible parties'.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

John,

Regarding your original statement, whats a "youse" ?

Is that like a y'all ?

Rick,
    Kind of; only if you make fun of a guy that says "y'all", he'll likely kick your butt. You make fun of a guy that says "youse" and he teaches you to sleep wit da fishes.

John,
    You got anybody up there who ships real Philly cheese steaks? I'm serious. I was with friends the other night and that came up.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

Tim Moreira Guest

Rick,

It's kinda like "the two yutes"

Think, My Cousin Vinney

Thom - I can't imagine how a cheese steak could be shipped.

As for "youse", which I use humorously because I'm not a native Philadelphian - my daughter once wrote a story for a college class in which she had a character use the word "youse" and her professor told her no one talks that way anymore. What a yutz. I've been to restaurants here where the waitress says "would youse like to see a wine list?"

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

John, We couldn't either. We decided that the guy who "figgerout" how was "fixin" to make a bajillion bucks. Somehow, freeze dried, thawed out, nuked Philly cheese didn't sound workable.

We have a neighbor who's an ex Balimore cop. Send your daughter's ex college Prof this way and I'll let him listen to a conversation between him and my wife (Baltimore). I'll interpret for him. Regional dialects will hopefully never die.

Man, ahm tarred already an I have'n even started the day. Guess ahll go to the zink and splash some wudder on my face.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

We have a summer treat here called Water Ice, which is pronounced "wooder ice".

Robert Schenck Guest

Talking Re: Tub Review

Wayne, ... After the gardener left, two sales agents showed up, looking around and found the buyers agent in the tub !!! I guess it was part of the deal, eh ?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

That's great Robert. You could be dangerous with those photo-shop skills.

Robert,

One problem I see ... you've got here sitting in the tub backward, she's sitting on the drain stopper knob ... OUCH!

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Robert Schenck Guest

Nick, …. Thanks for the compliment. Hmm, I guess I could be dangerous by putting someone in a compromising position (picture) ? Photo-shopping is one of my hobbies that I enjoy.

Jerry, … Leave it to you to find “something” technically wrong with the picture – lol. You have a keen sense of observation !!

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    We have a summer treat here called Water Ice, which is pronounced "wooder ice".
    You not only have wooder ice, you have the best soft ice cream places in the western world. Have you ever been to Rita's Italian Ice? I tried to buy a franchise for here, but she wouldn't do it because she couldn't supply. The same thing happened with Ben and Jerry.

- Paul Fix