Thread: Rick

Rick Novicki Guest

Default Rick

I was hoping that someone out there would be one of the proud owners of a Preston Guide? I guess I really need to order me one. I must say, I rarely have a problem in decoding the manufacturing date from the manufacturers data plate but this Lennox unit could go either way [1984 or 1999] and I too pride myself on a very comprehensive report which must include only the most accurate facts. This 4 ton unit is one of those combination heat pump / air handler systems.

Anyway, the model number is: CHP26-048-2PA & the serial number is: 8499C24625

Thank you in advance, hope your having a good spring. Things seem to be picking up here in this part of South Carolina.

Respectfully,
    Rick Novicki
    AAA Home Inspections

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Kevin Barre Guest

Default Re: Rick

It appears that the unit you have was built in 1999. More recent Lennox products have the date coded where the first 2 digits of the SN are the manufacturing plant and the 2nd two digits are the year it was built. Your unit would appear to have been built in plant # 84, year 1999.

One this new probably has a "mfd date" printed right on the info tag itself near the corner.

Rick Novicki Guest

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate your quick response.

Rick Novicki

that is correct----84 is the plant--99 the year and the C--is the month---months go A-M minus the I---so march of 1999

Michael P. O'Handley Guest

Hi,

Correct: Before 1974 the first 2 digiets indicated the year and the next digit the month. Example: 732xxx = February 1973.

After 1973 the first two digits are the plant, the 3rd and 4th the year, and the 5th is a letter month (I omitted); therefore 8499C24625
    = March of 1999.

You can download a decoder chart here. It's free.

If you're not already registered, you may need to register. It's free.

If you don't care to register, send me an email with the subject line "Decoder" and I'll attach one to a reply.

If you have any suggested changes or additions, mail them to:

hausdok@msn.com

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike