Default Homeinspectors1.com ??

Is anyone using this service. They contacted me yesterday. Its about $300 a year, I searched their site and not many inspectors listed in several areas that I searched.

Inspection Referral
    Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Homeinspectors1.com ??

Paul, I have never heard of it either until now. Like you said, not many HIs listed and I couldn't find HIs listed for some of the counties in my service area.

Some things I look for in directories like these are the following:

1 - Where does this site turn up in search engines? If it doesn't appear on at least the 1st or 2nd page of Google or Yahoo, how is it going to be found? It's not to say that it won't ever gain that type of ranking but how long will it take before it does?

2 - How does the site flow and how easily can a consumer find what they want? While it is easy for a consumer to click here and there and there to get what they want, it works much better if the list of inspectors hits them quickly. Too much clicking doesn't sound like a lot of work but I feel it loses some consumers' interest. We live in an I-want-it-now society.

3 - Few HI listings on a site may give consumers a feeling that the site is not a valuable resource. If there are multiple companies listed, I think it raises the legitimacy of the site in the eyes of the consumer.

4 - Getting back to point #1, if the search engine rankings aren't there, I don't know how they can fulfill points 2 and 3.

If you want to give the site a shot, tell them you'll try it for maybe half the fee or some type of discount. $300 is a lot to ask for a new site with few-to-no listings. Ask them how they plan on getting their site seen.

Personally, I don't like the flow of the site. There are plenty of other HI directory sites out there and this one just doesn't do anything for me. Plus, it has no useful content for a consumer aside from being an HI directory. More content may make it more relevant. Offer to write an informative article for them to post on the site and get the ball rolling.

Last edited by Nick Ostrowski; 03-28-2008 at 01:52 PM.

When folks are looking for an inspector they will most likely use Google and type in their city, state and then home inspection or home inspector. When I typed in Woodland Park CO home inspector, your site only showed in the payed sponsored links on the first page.

Save that $300 and use it help get your site up in the rankings, and not just on the payed positions. This will help you the most.

Next I would build a page on Active Rain, use this link ActiveRain Real Estate Network This will help to pull your site up in the search rankings.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Thanks Nick, and Scott, valuable advise. They called me back later this afternoon and offered the year at $150 INSTEAD OF $300, go figure. As far as the website search goes, from my research it takes about a year to be up in the rankings, which is about how long its been. I will take your advise about the Activerain. Thanks.

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kondzich View Post
    Thanks Nick, and Scott, valuable advise. They called me back later this afternoon and offered the year at $150 INSTEAD OF $300, go figure. As far as the website search goes, from my research it takes about a year to be up in the rankings, which is about how long its been. I will take your advise about the Activerain. Thanks.
    Once you make the changes to a website it should only take a few weeks to a month to show changes in your rankings. Look at your links, key words, titles and meta tags. It has been my experience that this is what helps the most in your rankings.

I took a look at your sites code and you have no Meta tags, no Links, no Key words, and generic page titles. This is one of the reason your site is not pulling up well, it just can't be found by the search engines. I would also take that counter off at the bottom of the first page. When I looked last night it had 00005 and a few minutes ago it had 00008. It tells visitors that the site is new and not getting hits, many times folks just move on when they see this.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 03-29-2008 at 07:35 AM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Lee Nettnin Guest

Hi,
    Must be a new site, I searched ALL of NY for a HI and nothing came up for any county.
    Just another wanna-be trying to make money.
    Just my opinion.
    Lee