Daren Koniuk Guest

Default Real Estate Office Presentations

I'm just starting my own company after working and an independent contractor for a local company for a few years. And going after real estate agents is a large part of getting inspections here in NY.

I was wondering if anyone had an outline for an office presentation that worked well for them. I've just started working up ideas and any suggestions would be great.

It's always a good start to ask from someone who's already had some success doing it.

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Default Re: Real Estate Office Presentations

Quote Originally Posted by Daren Koniuk View Post
    I'm just starting my own company after working and an independent contractor for a local company for a few years. And going after real estate agents is a large part of getting inspections here in NY.

I was wondering if anyone had an outline for an office presentation that worked well for them. I've just started working up ideas and any suggestions would be great.

It's always a good start to ask from someone who's already had some success doing it.

Thanks
    Bring Lots of DoughNuts.......

Too Funny....

Keep it short and entertaining.... I've never done one but hear from my regulars all the time that they're annoying and boring.

Thanks

If you honestly believe that, then don't do them.

Its a waste of your time and your money.

Again, stop thinking that marketing to agents is the only way to make your business grow.

I've done every aspect of marketing out their and sitting around at 8:30 am in some real estate office waiting to try to convince these people to use you is a waste of your time and your self-respect.

You want buyers, go after the home sellers. They are going to be your buyers eventually and will need your services.

Its a simple plan that I can assure you that works.

rick

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

sitting around at 8:30 am in some real estate office waiting to try to convince these people to use you is a waste of your time and your self-respect.

I shudder at that mere thought. I have never done it but I can see that if I did, I would feel the need to be cleansed afterwards.

Everything that Rick said. Marketing to realtors is not the only way to get business.

The best way I have found is to have your local baker place one of your cards inside each donut before frying. Then you just run to the front door, throw the box in the door, and RUN! Those that don't eat the card, MAY call you.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Fully agree with Rick's and other's observations.

I did "one" presentation a long time ago and it sunk in real quick, real hard that it is an absolute waste of time/energy/$$.

As Rick has commented on other threads you have to always be marketing yourself no matter where you are. Have your biz cards in hand and be free with them while waiting in line at the 'whatever' store or business you are in at the time.

REA's tend to be fickle and they can love you today and hate you tomorrow. You can't depend on them for continued leads.

I had an agent this week ask me to be sure not to "find anything serious" as the deal just had to continue to go smoothly. That put me on edge to begin with, but I did my normal, detailed, anally-retentive report ... Client loved the report, agent was slightly miffed, but I don't care as the client gave me the check and has already recommended my services. That is what will continue to pay my bills.

I did plenty of them during my time in the trenches and the smart agents "got-it" and the dumb ones never did, but I only wanted the smart ones anyway. This was in the 80s and early 90s and if I where starting today I doubt I would do it as all agents know what we do and the value of a good inspection. After all, who do they call to inspect when they're buying a home for their children, relatives or themselves?
    Market to the public if you want to be around for the long haul.

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Daren Koniuk Guest

Thanks all,

Rick, I agree that agents are not the only way, and they won't be. I'm trying to figure out as many other options as possible as well. Any way that I can get me name out there is an option and I plan on as much as possible. I know that agents are tough and that they're probably using someone already that they're friendly with (or their broker is). Just figured someone out there had some ideas that have worked for them with agents.

If nobody knows I'm here, that's just who's going to call...nobody.

Ron Bibler Guest

You need to get one on one with every person that can use you services.

Bottom line. You need to do this every month and keep your contacts alive. get your cards and a flyer. go out on saturday and sunday to open house and get one on one with the agent. you will have then in a box and they cant leave. Sell your self. you must meet this one point. you need to find out what each person need. If you do that you will get work.
    Miss that point and well thats it. find out what they need. another sure thing is to get them an some work. say a listing opp. or a New buyer.
    some one you known the need a home.
    keep your eyes open and always be looking for a need and then meet that need. 101. This has work for me for some 30 years.

I just look for others need and then Meet the need.

Best

Ron
    Excellence Exterminating and Thermal Imaging

Kevin Wagstaff Guest

Thanks all,

Rick, I agree that agents are not the only way, and they won't be. I'm trying to figure out as many other options as possible as well. Any way that I can get me name out there is an option and I plan on as much as possible. I know that agents are tough and that they're probably using someone already that they're friendly with (or their broker is). Just figured someone out there had some ideas that have worked for them with agents.

If nobody knows I'm here, that's just who's going to call...nobody.
    From a Realtor that did a decent amount of business, you'd be surprised how many Realtors would be willing to try someone new. I had a guy leave the business, and a couple others disappoint, so there's always an opening. You just have to know your unique value and be invested in helping the end client. Nowadays, you do need to interact with agents more online as much as off. Many inspectors are ignoring this, but online engagement gives you a step up.

You resurrected an 8 year old thread to offer that bit of wisdom?

Kevin Wagstaff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    You resurrected an 8 year old thread to offer that bit of wisdom?
    ha! I've seen realtor behaviors change so much in the past 3 years, so yes, as many inspectors that I see ignoring the online world, it seemed worth resurrecting the conversation at least no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wagstaff View Post
    ha! I've seen realtor behaviors change so much in the past 3 years, so yes, as many inspectors that I see ignoring the online world, it seemed worth resurrecting the conversation at least no?
    Why do you want to market to realtors?

Kevin Wagstaff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Why do you want to market to realtors?
    Hey Marc,

I don't personally, but one of our main goals is to help inspectors grow their business, online and offline. For guys that don't have a nice website like yours, they're relying on realtors until they get any SEO traction.