Thread: I'm back!

Kevin VanderWarf Guest

Default I'm back!

As some may remember, a few months back I folded and went to an 8 to 5.

Well they can have that sh..

I'm starting my business back come hell or high water.

I'm back!

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

David Banks Guest

Default Re: I'm back!

Welcome back from the Dark Side.

Welcome back Kevin!

Can you also inspect in GA? Did they just get licensing there?

Since you are so close to GA you should do both states.

We camp sometimes down there near you at Clarks Hill Lake.

Vince Santos Guest

Welcome back,
    Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
    To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
    But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
    Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

It would take a hell of a lot to get me to fold up my HI tent and go back to the 8-5 purgatory. Congratulations on regaining your senses Kevin.

Has it been that long!! Welcome back! Not much has changed.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Kevin VanderWarf Guest

Bruce,

I've never crossed the bridge unless it was for a close friend or family because i have never quite figured out the GA licensing there.
    I have been told you need one and you dont. I know a lot of folks that work both states, I prefer to work under some sort fo SOP myself.

Clark Hill, we camp up there at least once per year.
    We stay in "The Palace" at Clark Hill.
    We have to pull "The Palace" behind my truck.
    It's usually one of the oldest campers in the park. When we got it, there was "The Palace" spelled out in mail box letters on the side.
    I started to remove it just before we headed out for the first time.
    Then I thought, when the kids go back to school and they're asked what they did during the summer, no matter where we've been they can always say they stayed in "The Palace".

As long as you indicate which SOP you use in your inspection agreement you are covered the same. I would use the nachi sop and not SC since the SC one requires you to report the condition of many things even if they are new or working as intended. This can be subjective and leave things for attorneys to play with.

Looks like GA licensing is coming soon...

hb1217.html

Bob White Guest

Georgia General Assembly - SB 485

Yep --

Looks like the house and senate have agreed on the final version...

To be licensed in GA, it looks as if a prosective HI will need to take an approved 80 hour COI or have 3 years experience and 100 inspections under his belt, and pass a test (prolly the NHIE or equivalent.)

There's a provision in the law that sez you can't cite code unless you're certifed by the certifying body in that particular code. I've been putting that off (hasn't been an issue with clients), but I guess I need to get ICC certified in the mishmash of GA enforced codes.

There's also a requirement for "liability insurance" and continuing education in the bill....

The Board will be...
    43-39B-3.
    (a) There is created the State Licensing Board of Home Inspectors which shall consist of six members. The board shall be assigned to the Office of the Secretary of State for administrative purposes, shall be under his or her jurisdiction, and shall operate in accordance with and pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 1 of this title. All members shall be residents of the State of Georgia. One member shall be a public member. The public member of the board shall not be connected in any way with the practice of home inspection. One member shall be a residential and general contractor licensed pursuant to Chapter 41 of Title 43. Four members shall be home inspectors. The home inspector members who are initially appointed to the board shall have been actively engaged in the practice of home inspection for at least five years immediately preceding their appointment, shall have performed a minimum of 500 home inspections for compensation, and shall demonstrate that they have passed an examination administered by a national examination organization that complies with the standards established by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies. On or after 24 months after the date this chapter becomes effective, all home inspectors appointed to be members of the board shall be required to be licensed pursuant to this chapter.
    There's also language in the law about reciprocal agreements with other states, so, AL,SC, TN, and NC licensed inspectors could also operate in GA.....

Will that be E&O or just GL that is required?

Bob White Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    Will that be E&O or just GL that is required?
    unknown (by me, at least)...

43-39B-14.
    The board shall require a home inspector to maintain liability insurance in an amount established by the board.