Nolan Kienitz Guest

Default Unwanted additional attic ventilation ...

I'm sure y'all have seen the weather reports and that there were some rather strong winds that blew through North Texas overnight.

I had inspected a property this past Monday in the neighborhood in Allen, TX that was one of the focal points for the path of "straight line or tornadic" winds.

Client called me today and asked for me to stop by the home and recheck. The client's home sustained some damage like cracked rafters, cracked Hardie siding missing shingled, blown over fence, A/C condenser with damage due to blowing debris, gas flue pipes disconnected at joints in attic due to extreme movement. All in all is pretty good shape ... considering.

Images attached are two from the house immediately adjacent to the property I inspected.

It is amazing the strength of 'flying debris' and resulting circumstances.

Very quickly puts one in awe of Mother Nature.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Unwanted additional attic ventilation ...

Nolan,

'Down here' that's simply referred to as "windborne debris" ...

... and the reason impact windows/shutters/and specific construction methods are required in areas where 120 mph winds will be (under 120 mph typically does not lead to windborne debris like that).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: Unwanted additional attic ventilation ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Nolan,

'Down here' that's simply referred to as "windborne debris" ...

... and the reason impact windows/shutters/and specific construction methods are required in areas where 120 mph winds will be (under 120 mph typically does not lead to windborne debris like that).
    Yep, I wish I could find pictures of my home after Katrina! 200 miles off the gulf and we still had 115mph winds for about four hours!

Nolan, I wish you had kept that dang storm in TX. It suppose to hit us between Midnight and 5 AM! Let's see it is 77f outside now and they are predicting snow flurries on Saturday! Yep, I would call this a clash of air masses!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

John Allingham Guest

Smile Re: Unwanted additional attic ventilation ...

Wow, that's amazing. It's too frigin cold up here but at least we don't get that stuff.