Default Any problems with Kylec (or Keyelco) PEX?

Has anyone seen or heard of any problems with Kylec (or Keyelco?) PEX? Another inspector said he heard something at an ASHI conference about this brand (type B?) PEX disentrating under exposure to chlorine. Says it's the orange colored piping. I'm not ASHI, so can't search their database. I didn't see anything with a Google search.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Any problems with Kylec (or Keyelco) PEX?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Beck View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard of any problems with Kylec (or Keyelco?) PEX? Another inspector said he heard something at an ASHI conference about this brand (type B?) PEX disentrating under exposure to chlorine. Says it's the orange colored piping. I'm not ASHI, so can't search their database. I didn't see anything with a Google search.
    The only PEX brand that I'm aware of any problems is with Zurn, and it is with their brass fittings and not the pipe. A vendor who had a presentation at InspectionWorld New Orleans | January 16-19, 2008 that brought this to the attention of everyone at the session. Search PEX and Zurn on this site and you will find a couple of good threads that talk about the problems.

I have never heard of Kylec or Keyelco.

On a side note, I recall something about Orange pipe being used only for hydronic heating. I don't have a clue where I heard this and I might not be right, but you might want to check it out.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com