Default Take care of your knees!

This past Friday I had 43cc's of fluid drained off my knee, and a nice steroid shot in the joint! Yes, it hurt!

Never had knee problems and I will be 51 next month. This is the second time in six months that I have had this lovely procedure done. My MRI of the knee shows it to be fairly normal, except for the swelling of the tissue. Cartilage, etc is OK.

The doctor asked me to bring in my knee pads so he could see what I was using. When he looked at them, he got up and put them in a Red Bio-Hazard bag and trashed them!

He has told me to get a knee pad called a Patella-T FluidForms: Personal Kneepads He said they should cost around $80 and that they should be replaced about every two years depending on use. I'm ordering them this week!

The knee pads that you can buy at Lowe's or HD for about $30 can hurt you more in the long run, this is what happened to me. Invest in the protection and your knees will thank you!

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: Take care of your knees!

And take care of your back. I have my second herniated disc in the past six years, and it is not a lot of fun. On the other hand, without my first herniated disc I probably wouldn't be a home inspector, so it did work out pretty well for me.

I do use pretty expensive knee pads, but I will check into that brand the next time I replace my current ones.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Jim Zborowski Guest

Good info to pass along. Now, if somebody has any suggestions on how to find my missing hair...........................

Jim Z. just check the shower drain. I'm sure you can find a good bit of it there

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Zborowski View Post
    Good info to pass along. Now, if somebody has any suggestions on how to find my missing hair...........................
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott's right about those kneepads, I need to get a newer pair myself.
    Another thing that has been very helpful to me with various aches & pains (mostly back for me) is the Dr. Ho tinge massager, in the past year they have started requiring a prescription to purchase from the mfg web site, but you can get them on ebay without one.

Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402

daniel nantell Guest

thats the same ones our pastor uses and he swears by them ?????//////zzzzzz

Thanks for the tip. I have been thinking about getting some new knee pads. I have a burning sensation in my knees on contact. Checked with the chiropractor and he felt it was inflamation of the miniscus (sp?) He said don't do the activity that creates the pain and it should heal in several months.

Hopefully the new snazzy knee pads will help.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."