Joe Tedesco Guest

Angry USED EQUIPMENT SHOULD NEVER BE REUSED!

I cannot imagine anyone who would actually tell the world that he has taken apart and repaired a CB!

USED STUFF SHOULD NEVER BE REUSED!

"NEMA Standards Publication AB 4 sets forth, for use by qualified personnel, a number of basic procedures that may be used for the inspection and preventive maintenance of molded case circuit breakers used in industrial and commercial applications rated up to and including 1000 V 50/60 Hz AC or AC/DC. Note: consult the manufacturer for dc-only or 400 Hz circuit breakers.

The methods outlined may be used to verify specific characteristics of a molded case circuit breaker which was originally built and tested in compliance with the requirements of NEMA Standards Publication AB 1. These methods are intended for field application and are, therefore, non-destructive in nature. Accordingly, these methods cannot be used to verify all performance capabilities of a molded case circuit breaker since verification of some capabilities requires tests of a destructive nature.

Many tests, including those of a destructive nature, as defined in AB 1, are performed on representative samples of circuit breakers by the manufacturer, as part of a routine program of factory inspection.

The AB 4 Standards Publication is not intended, nor is it adequate, to verify proper electrical performance of a molded case circuit breaker which has been disassembled, modified, rebuilt, refurbished, or handled in any manner not intended or authorized by the original circuit breaker manufacturer. Such breakers should be removed from service.

For purposes of these guidelines, a qualified person is one who is familiar with the installation, construction, and operation of the equipment and the hazards involved. In addition, the person is trained:

—and authorized to test, energize, clear, ground, tag, and lockout circuits and equipment in accordance with established safety practices.

—in the proper care and use of protective equipment such as rubber gloves, hard hat, safety glasses or face shields, and flash resistant clothing, in accordance with established safety practices.

—in first aid."

How can anyone be sure that the interior looks like this! What a strange world we live in!

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

David Banks Guest

Default Re: USED EQUIPMENT SHOULD NEVER BE REUSED!

Hey Joe. What happened to you at the last Tiger Seminar? Replacement did his best but lacking.

Joe Tedesco Guest

I had a scheduling problem, who was the presenter at the seminar?.

I would like to set up a place, and time for inspectors to meet on a regular basis and share experiences and files using the Internet.

I think that we could really gain a lot and learn from each other. I am in Boston but would travel if there was a place where we could have meetings.

Jim Zborowski Guest

Like the time I encountered an old box with 2 cartridge fuses and 4 screw in fuses. Somebody wrote on it " Panel contains 200 amp guts ". All they did was put 2 100 amp cartridges in it. Wanna explain to them why that doesn't work?
    I tried, but they weren't listening, lol

David Banks Guest

Joe. I believe his name was Mark Hilbert. Very knowledgeable but did not have time to prepare for task at hand which I believe was on the new Standards of Practice and how we should address the Electrical issues as HI.

Talking Re: USED EQUIPMENT SHOULD NEVER BE REUSED!

I think that's called "recycling" now.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Aldering View Post
    I think that's called "recycling" now.
    Hmmm ... here in the US of A, ac voltage and current "recycles" itself 120 times a second.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Post Re: USED EQUIPMENT SHOULD NEVER BE REUSED!

And how many people have purchased a computer, thinking "all new", without reading the very fine print? There is at least one manufacturer who does "recycle" components for "new" equipment.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com