Default too close to service entry?

They squeezed this bath fan vent in between the service heads on a duplex. This looks wrong, but I don't know what to say about it. My concern is that it could come into contact with one of the incoming service wires and become energized. Should I call it out? Is there a reference I can use?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Richard Moore Guest

Default Re: too close to service entry?

Ken, I can't find a specific code reference, but common sense should prevail in this case. It looks like one of those un-grounded SEC's is already in contact with the metal vent. A bit more abrasion and you could have a very "interesting" situation with the bathroom exhaust.

Screw the code in this case. I'd call it and wouldn't expect even the worst electrician to say it was OK.

Aaron Miller Guest

Ken:

Because movement of the SE wiring could cause damage by abrading against the hood use NEC 230.50a. The only openings with specified clearances are windows, doors, and similar locations where people or things will be moving.

Aaron

Thanks, guys

About this gas fired exhaust flue next to the service entry.

Did I mention caulked to vinyl siding?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Aaron Miller Guest

Bruce:

Even if the didn't caulk it, after a few fireplace uses, it would be permanently welded to the siding . . .

Aaron