Jerome W. Young Guest

Default burst resistant hoses at heater

Is this a problem?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: burst resistant hoses at heater

To my knowledge, yes.

They should have used that flexible copper there ... allow me to correct that statement ...

They "should have" done it with copper tube and fittings, 'as an alternative' they "could have" used those flexible copper lines there.

"Should have" is on thing, "could have" is another thing. They chose neither.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

David Banks Guest

Do not see a vacuum relief either.

I think it may actually not be a problem. I was looking at some of that braided pipe today and I think it may be listed for water heaters, though not used as often as copper. Better double check but I may be right.

Gene

Randy Clayton Guest

this type piping in my opinon is the best type tough not cheap is the best way to go the price is why you generally do not see it..
    When I was working on drag race carrs that was all we where useing

According to this plumbing supply house, they are listed for water heaters. Look here --> Stainless steel flex connectors - PlumbingSupply.com

Gene South According to this plumbing supply house, they are listed for water heaters. Look here --> Stainless steel flex connectors - PlumbingSupply.com
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    I may be missing something, but I cannot find "Burst Resistant" lines that are rated for hot water heaters on this linked site. The picture that that Jerome posted appears to show what the website calls "Deluxe Braided Stainless Steel".

Thumbs up Re: burst resistant hoses at heater

I was not shouting on my previous post. I have forgotten how to do that quote another post thing and also I copied the actual font and size from the website. Sorry, Gene.

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Don Emerson View Post
    I was not shouting on my previous post. I have forgotten how to do that quote another post thing and also I copied the actual font and size from the website. Sorry, Gene.
    Here is the format Don.

(left bracket)quote(right bracket)...........text....................... (left bracket)/quote(right bracket)
    Or you can use the "QUOTE" button at the bottom of the post.

I was walking through Home D today, and saw some water heater supply hoses. I checked the label to see who made them. None other than Watts.

Watts: CWH-S | Flexible Connectors | Water Safety & Flow Control

They seem to be fine for this type of installation from what I can tell.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA