Ron Bibler Guest

Default BEES IN THE WALL

IR camera in my bag at every inspection. this is from todays inspection. I saw one bee fly into the wall of the fire place and then another.
    Went inside and took this IR of the interior wall adjacent to the fire place.
    I then pointed this condition out to the seller and the buying agent and the seller said that she had a bee guy come 2 weeks ago and get the bees.

The seller then paid me on the spot to mark out the wall areas that needed to be opened to remove the Bees.

Bee man come get em.

The agent saw what the camera can do and how this was a major find for
    the buyers. about $ 1,500.00 to get that nest out of that interior wall and
    repair and paint. A $ 200.00 Scan is going to be a part of every inspection for this agent from now on.

Best

Ron

Excellence Exterminating and Thermal Imaging

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Ron Bibler; 05-06-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: BEES IN THE WALL

We have beekeepers here in N. Texas that will "rob" a honeybee nest for no charge at all.

I used to smoke them out of a hive but we had a 250. minimum and most did not want to pay for the service.

Once the bees are removed though, that is not the end of the problem. All that honey or nest if not removed turns to sugar and then quess what?

Every species of ant known to man shows up at that house for dinner.

Pharoah ants are the worst to have to deal with in that situation, but even carpenter ants can move in and become an issue.

So tell your client to figure in an extra 500. a year for the Pest Control Co. once they move in.

Rick

Ron,

Sorry dude, I forgot your in the PC business also.

Here is a pic I took of some bees some time ago.

rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

James Duffin Guest

Bee's are like bat's....they come back to the same place to roost. I have a beekeeper friend who will come get the bee's at no charge but does not fix the damage. Varmint damage is not hard to find if you know what to look for. A bee hive is not hard to find.

And not to bee negative....but unless the Realtor is going to pay the extra 200 from their commission I doubt the client is willing to pay for an extra service that will most likely produce no results. IMHO...of course.

Ron Bibler Guest

Hey rick. looks like you where up close to that nest.

Rick
    I don't do bees and fles and orther things like that.

I do Building inspection for Termites, Fungus and damage. in Calif A structural pest control building inspection covers just about everthing but the Electrical, Heating/Air. unless we have termite/fungus damage under a heating unit or an Electrical system. then they into play. Under my lic. I can Inspect the systems and contract to make the correction i find and issue a clerance on the property. unlike H.I. in Calif they can only inspect not repair or fix things they find. The Calif state contractors licesing board and the structural pest control board was one in the same back in 1960. then they did a split.

Best

Ron

M. Waller Guest

James is correct on the coming back issue.

Typically you need to have someone remove the bees and then someone to do the repair work and cap off the place where they entered or there is a high chance they will be back.