Ryan Strauss Guest

Default Home Inspector In Training

Hi All

I just started training with Carson & Dunlop. When completed I am unsure if I should start my own business or buy into a franshise like Global Property Inspections. The upside to the franshise would be the support but finding this site could very well be my support and save me those royalty costs. Comments or suggestions are welcome?

Thanks

Ryan

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Home Inspector In Training

What kind of support do you need? If you just need somebody to ask questions, just send the checks and we can do that for you

The hardest part of HI is building the business (i.e. getting jobs) during your first 3 years. Will you franchise send you work or guarantee clients??? I doubt it. Do a google search like your potential clients would in your area, does your franchiser's site show up?
    Do the leg work for your self and see how things stack up.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ron Bibler Guest

Rayn. you just got $ 5,000.00 worth of info from jim.

Forget the franshise. unless you got some big bucks in your pocket.

Pick a name that ties to your area.

You do not want to work for some eles. look at it from the long hull. man when i think back 30 years ago. I have just had a blast doing it my way. work when i want and take off when i want. as long as you are not to ugly and you have most of your teath . you will do just find.

Best

Ron

Excellence Exterminating and Thermal Imaging

Ryan Strauss Guest

Thanks... I was leaning to the franchise account of support and they provide tools/computers/software etc... but if I have support for something I don't fully understand here, then I will post it with pictures.

Thanks again. Will probably have more questions later and maybe one day help answer yours.

Ryan

Smile Re: Home Inspector In Training

Send me the money and I will support you! :-)

There are all kinds of software on the market, you can get a computer very cheap at Best Buy and Canadian Tire can supply the rest.

What you realy need is a mentor and to join a local inspectors association. I attended meetings of my association for over a year before I did any inspections. An association will also generaly want you to do ride alongs before you start inspecting.

If you have no back ground in general construction I would not go into home inspecting just based on Carson Dunlop course, don't get me wrong its a great course and I have taken some of them.

Make sure you are well prepared before you start, a mistake can be costly.

Best regards

David

Ryan Strauss Guest

Dave

I was looking at Joining CAHPI if that is what you are refering to?

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan

I am a member of CAHPI through our provincial association the AIBQ.

David