Default water under slab

So, my earlier post about hot floors due to a water leak that allowed hot water to flow under the slab has been resolved with all new water pipes placed in the ceiling of the condo unit. This was done after a second water leak where I could hear the water gushing out of the pipe (like a loud wind) in the walls behind the bathroom sinks. But I am wondering what the impact of that leaked water under the slab twice has done on the structure of the building and could do in the future. Do I need to be concerned about this?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: water under slab

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Keil View Post
    So, my earlier post about hot floors due to a water leak that allowed hot water to flow under the slab has been resolved with all new water pipes placed in the ceiling of the condo unit. This was done after a second water leak where I could hear the water gushing out of the pipe (like a loud wind) in the walls behind the bathroom sinks.
    Hi Katherine,

I do recall your previous post, questions, and concerns. Thank you for updating us.

I continue to wonder what type of piping material is present and why so many failures. This seems like it is a systemic problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Keil View Post
    But I am wondering what the impact of that leaked water under the slab twice has done on the structure of the building and could do in the future. Do I need to be concerned about this?
    That is difficult to say, particularly from a few hundred miles away. There are a bunch of "could-be's"...

Depending on the amount of water flow, soil might have eroded and undermined the slab.
    Depending on the amount of water, mold or mildew might have started growing in enclosed walls.
    Excess moisture in slabs has been known to cause tile floors to detach from the slab, mold/mildew to grow under carpet and padding, and cause wood floors to buckle.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/