Default 1997 Edition of the Standard Building Code

Does anybody have a 1997 Edition of the Standard Building Code that they would be willing to sell, or know where one would be available for purchase?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402

Default Re: 1997 Edition of the Standard Building Code

See if the ICC still has some copies, they used to be the SBCCI.

May (may not) have it in book form, but I'm sure they have it on a CD (originally came on floppies -that's how I go my computer version - also have the books - but I'm keeping them, but I'm sure they have it on CD now).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thanks Jerry.

JW Goad

Jerry,
    What are the differences in the standard building code & the uniform building code?

JW Goad

There were four basic model building codes (if I recall correctly):

The Standard codes - Southern Building Code Congress International (SBCCI) - those were the Standard Building Code, Standard Plumbing Code, Standard Mechanical Code, Standard Fuel Gas Code, Standard Fire Prevention Code (there may have been a few more Standard Codes).

The National codes - Building Official Code Administrators International (BOCA) - which had similar codes to the Standard codes.

The Uniform codes - International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) - which had similar codes to the Standard codes.

The CABO code - Council of American Building Officials (CABO) - had a One and Two Family Dwelling Unit code, CABO Energy Efficiency code

They joined together in 1994 to form the International Code Council, combined the codes, and in 2000 came out with the first ICC codes.

WC Jerry can probably add to and correct the above.

As to the question "What are the differences in the standard building code & the uniform building code?" ... you would need to compare the two side-by-side for any given section. Some sections will be identical, other sections will not resemble each other at all.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

John..

Contact Elaine Smith, Administrative Assistant in Government Relations for the ICC (888.422.7233, ext. 7401, esmith@iccsafe.org). She helped me get a 1997 NC State Building Code, Volume VII - Residential (CABO at the time) about a year ago.

I had one from a few years back and tossed it when the 2002 NC Residential Code came out (2000 IRC). I regretted it every day thereafter and now I am more of a pack-rat.

Dave