Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default 2008 vs. 2007 Volume Numbers

I was taking a look at my 2007 schedule book as compared my 2008 book to date. My 2008 volume is down 25%. Considering all the doom and gloom we get in the news about real estate and housing, I guess this drop isn't as bad as it could be.

I am luckily seeing my 5+ years in the business and the referral base I've built get me by. I would have to say roughly 1/2 of all my business this year is the direct result of past inspections in the form of repeat clients, referrals from past clients, and some realtor referrals. The percentage of brand new clients who have no prior contact or connection with me are really down from previous years.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: 2008 vs. 2007 Volume Numbers

Nick,

I haven't checked my numbers recently, but the first couple of months were 'orrible! I would guess that I am somewhere in the neighborhood of your numbers.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

In my area the first 4 months of closed/pending sales are down around 40% from 07 (which really wasn't a 'great' year either). I'm pretty much in that ballpark.

We're in the midst of a big old stand-off between buyers and sellers. Our prices never really got too out of control and just finally dipped a couple % in the last month from their high. So, no seller wants to come to grips with the fact that their house is worth less now. And no buyer wants to buy at the same price as last year.

So, we sit.... and we sit.... and we sit. It looks like markets that went up fast and came down fast are moving on better than the ones that went more slowly.

This could be a reason why.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Rick Sabatino
    Sabatino Consulting, Inc.
    Oak Park, IL