Brad Spell Guest

Question A little help please

Was under a 1955 home yesterday that was said to be fully repiped with copper. Attached are a couple of photos of the the piping found, can you confirm for me the plastic pipe seen in the photo is it PEX or something else?

Thanks, Brad

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: A little help please

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Spell View Post
    can you confirm for me the plastic pipe seen in the photo is it PEX or something else?
    Yes, I can confirm that it is "PEX or something else".

*It looks like* you have PEX piping, which, of course, is not copper piping, which is what it was purported to be.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Question Re: A little help please

When folks replace galvanized water supply piping they often don't elect to spend the money to replace the risers. This it what I see in Brad's pictures and since they can't easily connect Pex to galvy they slip in a short piece of copper without a diaelectic fitting. Crappy job at best and the owner, and/or buyer should know what they paid-for/getting.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant