Jerry Andrew Guest

Default Looking for Advice!

Hello,

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I am looking for any information on Georgia Laws and any Accredited Home Inspection associations. Thank you for your replies!

I’m in the Army and after starting my Home Inspection venture to become licensed in New York State I came down on orders for Iraq; that was almost 20 months ago. I am now returning from Iraq but moving to Savannah Georgia shortly after my return to NY. I have taken classes with AHIT, so I don’t believe the training requirements will be an issue. I would like to be up to date on all laws and regulations governing any type of Home Inspection service for the state of Georgia. If any one has any resources it would be much appreciated.

Again, Thank you for your Replies!

Jerry

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: Looking for Advice!

Jerry. dude thank you for serving our country. and wellcome home.

Calif boy no help with the info you are looking for. but some body will get you on your way.

Best

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Andrew View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I am looking for any information on Georgia Laws and any Accredited Home Inspection associations. Thank you for your replies!

I’m in the Army and after starting my Home Inspection venture to become licensed in New York State I came down on orders for Iraq; that was almost 20 months ago. I am now returning from Iraq but moving to Savannah Georgia shortly after my return to NY. I have taken classes with AHIT, so I don’t believe the training requirements will be an issue. I would like to be up to date on all laws and regulations governing any type of Home Inspection service for the state of Georgia. If any one has any resources it would be much appreciated.

Again, Thank you for your Replies!

Jerry
    Georgia does not have any requirements to become a home inspector. Anyone can have cards printed and hang their home inspector shingle. As you are a veteran you should take the NHIE (National Home Inspector Exam) it is approved by the VA for reimbursement. It is used by the majority of states that have home inspector licensing.

Two associations pretty much control the state. Georgia Association of Home Inspectors and ASHI.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Bob White Guest

The Georgia law pertaining to home inspectors, such as it is, follows:

TITLE 8. BUILDINGS AND HOUSING
    CHAPTER 3. HOUSING GENERALLY
    ARTICLE 6. DOCUMENTATION BY HOME INSPECTORS

O.C.G.A. § 8-3-330 (2007)

§ 8-3-330. "Home inspector" defined

As used in this article, the term "home inspector" means any person, except an employee of a county, municipality, or political subdivision while engaged in the performance of the duties of his or her employment, who, for consideration, inspects and reports on the condition of any home or single-family dwelling or the grounds, roof, exterior surface, garage or carport, structure, attic, basement or crawl space, electrical system, heating system, air-conditioning system, plumbing, on-site sewerage disposal, pool or hot tub, fireplace, kitchen, appliances, or any combination thereof for a prospective purchaser or seller.

§ 8-3-331. Documentation required

Every home inspector shall provide to the person on whose behalf a home or single-family dwelling is being inspected a written document specifying:

(1) The scope of the inspection, including those structural elements, systems, and subsystems to be inspected;

(2) That the inspection is a visual inspection; and

(3) That the home inspector will notify in writing the person on whose behalf such inspection is being made of any defects noted during the inspection, along with any recommendation that certain experts be retained to determine the extent and corrective action necessary for such defects.

§ 8-3-331.1. Licensing authority of political subdivision

Nothing in this article shall preempt a political subdivision from prescribing licensing requirements for home inspectors.

§ 8-3-332. Criminal penalty

Any person violating any of the provisions of this article shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.