Jim Zborowski Guest

Default These people scare me

OK, was just watching HGTV DIY shows. First, they had a female " carpenter "
    showing a guy how to install pulldown stairs.........used drywall screws.
    Then, the other " carpenter " opens up a wall and exclaims " in all my years of construction, I've never found one of these in a wall " ( never seen a pocket door??????????
    The final touch was another " contractor " cutting a piece of granite.................using a worm drive skill saw, standing on a concrete patio, holding a garden hose on the workpiece with the same hand holding the front guide handle of the saw. And nope, did not see an ambulance standing by anywhere.
    And you guys wonder why we see what we do during an inspection?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: These people scare me

I have little patience for any of these DIY shows Jim. The worst are the ones where they are trying a cheap-o makeover and use glue guns, make gummi bear lampshades, and essentially try to show perfume on a pig. I saw a Trading Spaces where the designer talked the people into painting the surround on their friends' brick fireplace purple. I would have been out for blood if that were my house.

Nick,

I came across one of those Trading Spaces specials myself. The homeowners had troweled mortar all over the fireplace brick and stuck glass objects such as marbles and other things over hit.

You could stand to the side of the fireplace and see all of this crap leaning from the top edge outwards.

Job security for us for sure.

Did I ever show the wooden floor that had been cut and had buttons sealed into the floor? Great piece of work for sure. I only wish I had this much time to waste.

rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Those buttons are a selling feature for sure Rick.

The DIY shows should come with a disclaimer that says "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME".

Jim Zborowski Guest

No kidding Rick, like te time they glued straw all over the walls. I'd be majorly PO'd

I must have missed the episode on how to handle a cracked floor in a fiberglass shower enclosure.

Just lay some tile over it. Sure that will work.

rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

I'm usually too distracted by the construction babe in the short shorts to pay much attention to what she's doing.