Barry Barzini Guest

Default Pex Plumbing valves?

Has anybody seen these valves before? Can you tell me how they work? I know pex plumbing is getting more and more popular these days.

Are they part of radiant heating?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Pex Plumbing valves?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry D. Barizone View Post
    Has anybody seen these valves before? Can you tell me how they work? I know pex plumbing is getting more and more popular these days.

Are they part of radiant heating?

Thanks
    What were they attached to?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Barry Barzini Guest

They are coming up from the first floor to the second. What you see is whay you get in that picture. I'm pretty sure it is radient heating. Ive never come across those type of valves. I cant figure why the home owner would run copper all the way to the second floor and then branch out with the pex lines.

Barry Barzini Guest

I guess nobody knows what they are.........

Default Re: PEX Plumbing valves?

I've never seen them before either.

Is that gage temperature or pressure?

If temperature, some type of thermostatic control valve?

By the way, the PEX is required to come off straight, then bend, and, if I recall, even be strapped and supported before the bend. That grayish one is trying to pull itself out.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

barry
    i do alot of inspection on radiant heat systems in colorado--and i have never seen this distribution system before--but i called the colorado guro here in sunny colorado on radiant heat--and he scratched his head but thought maybe they could be either potable water heater system or plan old hydronic heating system---recommend asking the seller with a reminder he or she will have to explain at closing walk thru--then let us all know--i am interested
    thanks
    charlie

oh yeah

he said they are definitely manifold distribution systems

Barry Barzini Guest

Thanks for the info....I will see if I can get the info from the owner. The problem is the owner does not live there. He had a furnace for hot air in the old basment and in the garrage area a gas fed boiler with a 80 super stor for hot water. This is where these lines are running from. This picture shows the set up in the boiler room. I figured there are not enough lines to be a form of radiant heat. Manifolds for radiant heat typicly have many more lines..

Thanks for the help

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

not really barry-----that could be two radiant zones--all you need is a run line and a return line--i'll pass the new pictures off----looking more and more like radiant--with that boiler--
    charlie