Thread: Google search

Default Google search

I read on the old board that you (everyone) should do a google search on their name. Well I had time to do that today. Did not find me, BUT I did find a "Rick Cantrell" in NC that IS a home inspector AND a general contractor.
    Just thought it was insteresting, at least to me.

I gotta get a life.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Default Re: Google search

Submitted for your approval. An average Joe in an average town who stumbles upon a portal to a parallel universe. Somewhere in that parallel universe he will find himself. You are entering . . . Inspection News.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Tim Moreira Guest

Bruce,

Are you referring to the old Star Trek episode, Mirror, Mirror???

Kirk and crew end up in the evil parallel universe with the bad Mr. Spock?

Tim, I think you must be younger that Bruce's reference. Unfortunately, I caught it the first time I read it, but I'm not admitting that I'm that old.
    The reference, unless I'm mistaken, is from the original "Twilight Zone" with Rod Sterling.
    Sorry, Bruce, don't mean to say anything about your age, you probably saw it on reruns.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    The reference, unless I'm mistaken, is from the original "Twilight Zone" with Rod Sterling.
    Yep, the "Twilight Zone", I used to scare my sister after we would watch that - go outside after everyone went to bed and rap on her window, making noises ... of course, then my Dad would whip out his belt and put a scare into me ... but next week, had to do it all over again.

That and listening to (yes "listening to") "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" and other favorites on the radio.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Tim Moreira Guest

Jim and Jerry,

Yes, I caught it and knew it was from the Twlight Zone. I too used to watch it, but only on the re-runs.

I was making a *poor* joke as to the Star Trek reference. I too watched them, on the re-runs.

Wasn't alive when either originally aired.

As I recall, William Shatner also stared in a few Twlight Zone episodes.

We're not old. We're age advantaged. It's a priveledge thing, you whipper snapper.

I wonder how long it will be before we have so much audio/visual/tactile stimulation available to us that our kids will have to be taught how to imagine? I own a bunch of that crap, but I am thankful that I am age advantaged enough that as a child, I had to imagine some things AND that there were no drugs to help me not imagine or to work through problems.

A large population of the kids I work with as a CASA have diagnoses of bi-polar disorder, paranoia, depression, anxiety, etc. Of course their general life circumstances have a lot to do with it, bit I wonder if some of it isn't related to what is no longer worked out in the subconscious because of overstimulation?

Does anybody remember that Twighlite Zone where it took place in an OR and the whole show was in the dark until the last minute? It was about an operation on a supposedly really horribly disfigured woman and the Doctors were trying to make her look passibly human. My brother and I slept on the living room floor that night because we were too scared to go down to the basement where our room was.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

Ever watch the British comedy Doctor Who?

Remember his method of travel?

How about his dog, K9?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Moreira View Post
    As I recall, William Shatner also stared in a few Twlight Zone episodes.
    "Terror at 20,000 Feet"

That was a classic Twilight Zone episode. (Flying was uncommon and 20,000 was REALLY high.)

Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Tim Moreira Guest

I was thinking of the spider episode where the whole town was infested with deadly spiders and at the end, Shatner and a few others locked themselves up in a house and taped the bottoms of the doors and stuff to keep them from coming in.

In the end, Shatner opens the front door only to find the whole house is wrapped up in a big web.

Hmmmm. I can't recall that episode right off. Sure it was TZ?

Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Tim Moreira Guest

??????????????????????

Thought so.

David Banks Guest

Bruce. There is some thing on the wing. I think it was Saturday night live did a spoof on that.
    The one that scared me the most as a kid was the one where the little girl fell through the wall next to her bed into a different dimension. You could hear her talking. Finally her Dad pulled her back just before it closed up.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

I knew I'd finally find a goos use for Wikipedia.

All the Twighlight Zone Episodes. List of The Twilight Zone episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one I mentioned was EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. Going over the list, I hadn't remembered how many big names had been in episodes.

- Paul Fix

Jeez, am I the only one who watched Dr. Who?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Yeah I've seen it.
    British humor- oxymoron

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Yeah I've seen it.
    British humor- oxymoron
    What/

You didn't like Fawlty Towers? The Fall and Rise of Reginald Peron? And the others?

My gawd, man! Who are you?

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 05-03-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Who am I?
    I'm a red blooded "Beverly Hillbillies" watching idiot, with nothing to do today.
    I said I seen it, NOT that I watch it.

David Banks Guest

Thanks Thom I found mine. "Little Girl Lost." Always wondered about that show.
    The narrative was exactly how I remembered it.

Last edited by David Banks; 05-03-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelled Tom/Thom wrong.

Bob Stark Guest

dee dee doo doo dee dee doo doo dee dee doo doo
    (Twilight Zone theme ------ sorry, couldn't help myself)
    And the name, for you TZ officianados, is SERLING, not STERLING

David Banks Guest

Bob. My sister years ago gave me a TV key chain that played that tune.
    Still have it on my bookcase.

Bob Stark Guest

Cool Re: Google search

Hey Dave !

That's kewl !!

Bob

Sorry about the name, I was SO YOUNG I couldn't read yet.
    Jim

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Rick,
    You're kidding, right. Tell me that Monty Python isn't funny. Ministry of Silly Walks, Life of Brian, Organ Transplants, The pet shop....come on, that's great stuff.

Benny Hill, Mr. Bean, Imo, Tony Blair....a great tradition of comedy.

- Paul Fix

Jerry,

I "right out" deny personally watching Dr. Who on the "Tele" or personally observing Dr. Who entering a phone booth and thereby traversing time and space! (Phone booth? Superman? read the dates of origin to see who came first.)

I also emphatically deny ever reading/collecting comic books or watching Bill and Ted (of "Excellent Adventure" fame) doing the same in true plagiaristic fashion though we remained entertained!

I guess we should not even talk abut Jules Vern’s Time Machine or how Michael J. Fox went Back to the Future (more than once!)?

As far as K9 goes, he very much reminds me of modern day Jimmy Neutron's dog Goddard (named after Dr. Robert Goddard, the father of modern rocketry).

But, we are now getting into yet a third generation and even I have to draw a line at some place where plagiarism is involved.

This brings up an interesting point; how much "history" has to pass before "something old" becomes "something new" where plagerism comes into play?

Last edited by Phillip Stojanik; 05-03-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Phillip,

"on the "Tele" "

I always thought it was "on the 'telly' "

"I also emphatically deny ever reading/collecting comic books or watching Bill and Ted (of "Excellent Adventure" fame) doing the same in true plagiaristic fashion though we remained entertained!"

Come on man, you know ANYBODY can transverse through time and space, some just realize the are doing it while others are oblivious to it all. You are not telling my you've never seen any 'space cadets' walking around 'zoned out', are? They ARE from another world.

"But, we are now getting into yet a third generation and even I have to draw a line at some place where plagiarism is involved.

This brings up an interesting point; how much "history" has to pass before "something old" becomes "something new" where plagerism comes into play?"

It becomes "plagiarism when one gets sued by another party who thinks they are "injured"?

Otherwise, it's just "artistic license".

Superman, all he did with a phone booth was change clothes in it.

With Dr. Who, that WAS his method of travel.

Danger, Will Robinson, DANGER!

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Bob Stark Guest

Benny Hill, now there's some funny British humor. It's all about the facial expressions !