Default Cleveland Bound 6/26

I'm driving to Cleveland tomorrow on my way to Oswego, NY to attend a family wedding on Saturday. Planning to go to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Friday morning then take off for New York, but would love to touch base with another inspector inspector, if nothing more than say hi or have a beer.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Cleveland Bound 6/26

Jack, would San Francisco be much out of your way?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Jack,

Your a smart one now.

Looking for those tax write offs. Have lunch with a inspector buddy, talk some business and let Uncle Sam pick up the tab. Now thats a business man.

Pass out those cards at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and you could write off those tickets as an expense too.

rick

Funny you should mention it Rick. I almost always call an inspector when I'm in a new town. I have met some great folks over the years. The tax thing does have some merit by the way.
    JF

Brian Thomas Guest

I live in cleveland...not a bad city at all. Im hoping that the inspection market is fair though because Im new in the business. I havent even gotten my feet wet yet. SO much to do just to get it started as you all probably know already

Default Re: Cleveland Bound 6/26 Been there done that

Cleveland has a pretty cool downtown. We spent the morning at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. 2nd trip there. Big exhibit for the Doors. Jim Morrison has been dead almost 37 years - OK how does that feel for making someone REALLY FEEL OLD.

Looking in the phone book in Cleveland I noted a few things: 1. LOTS of inspectors will work 7 days, 2. One guy will inspect any house for $250, and 3. One guy has inspections starting at $100. There are also a huge number of inspectors, but then Cleveland is a big city.

Brian Thomas Guest

Default Re: Cleveland Bound 6/26 Been there done that

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Cleveland has a pretty cool downtown. We spent the morning at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. 2nd trip there. Big exhibit for the Doors. Jim Morrison has been dead almost 37 years - OK how does that feel for making someone REALLY FEEL OLD.

Looking in the phone book in Cleveland I noted a few things: 1. LOTS of inspectors will work 7 days, 2. One guy will inspect any house for $250, and 3. One guy has inspections starting at $100. There are also a huge number of inspectors, but then Cleveland is a big city.
    Yeah I have heard the cleveland is a saturated market for inspectors but by the sounds of your research, there seem to be a lot of bad and discount inspectors. That gives us a bad reputation in this area. But it also bodes well for the inspectors that do a great job and dont offer discount services. I doubt the "discount" guys will last very long.

Didn't get to meet up with any inspectors in Cleveland, however

Stopped in KY so my wife could get something in a drugstore. Saw a truck in the parking lot with a home inspection sticker and a KREIA sticker on the back. There was a buffet in the same area.

Stopped in OH at a McDonald's for a iced tea and saw a Home Team truck in the parking lot. Wife wouldn't let me go inside to hunt down another inspector.

Saw an inspector's truck in New York driving down the interstate.

Didn't have time for phone calls during the trip. 1600 miles round trip -just way too much driving for such a short trip.

Brian Thomas Guest

Didn't get to meet up with any inspectors in Cleveland, however

Stopped in KY so my wife could get something in a drugstore. Saw a truck in the parking lot with a home inspection sticker and a KREIA sticker on the back. There was a buffet in the same area.

Stopped in OH at a McDonald's for a iced tea and saw a Home Team truck in the parking lot. Wife wouldn't let me go inside to hunt down another inspector.

Saw an inspector's truck in New York driving down the interstate.

Didn't have time for phone calls during the trip. 1600 miles round trip -just way too much driving for such a short trip.
    Wow, you really like to know what "the other guy" is up to dont ya?

Just pay attention to what's going on around me.

Brian Thomas Guest

Just pay attention to what's going on around me.
    it doesnt hurt to pay attention to your competition thats for sure

Jack,

We're not interested in Cleveland.

We want to hear about the beers and the wedding foods. LOL

rick

Rick,
    If I remember right, there was a lot of both - and both were very good.