James Jackson Guest

Default Inspectors Needed Nationally!

INSPECTORS NEEDED!

We are expanding to serve our client
    Short Sale Exchange.

We need an established database of inspectors that meet our clients requirements. The Phase 1 Expansion is nearly complete, however backup are still needed.
    Phase 1 Expansion: Florida (each county)
    Phase 2 Expansion: National (as needed)

Requirements are:

Computer Literate (know how to create zip files)
    IR Camera
    Basic written communication skills (ABC narrative - Acurate Brief and Clear)
    Digital Camera

Description of work details:
    1. write a short paragraph for each component of the house on Microsoft Word template provided
    2. take lots of photographs of defects
    3. take lots of infrared photographs of anomalies (both visual and infrared) NO INTERPRETATION REQUIRED!
    4. Prepare a zip file
    5. get paid (monthly - invoices must be received before the 20th of each month)

Inspectors interested in this opportunity should reply to:

employment@CastrilloHomeService.com

or call

1-800-675-4677

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Inspectors Needed Nationally!

Quote Originally Posted by James Jackson View Post
    INSPECTORS NEEDED!

We are expanding to serve our client
    Short Sale Exchange.

We need an established database of inspectors that meet our clients requirements. The Phase 1 Expansion is nearly complete, however backup are still needed.
    Phase 1 Expansion: Florida (each county)
    Phase 2 Expansion: National (as needed)

Requirements are:

Computer Literate (know how to create zip files)
    IR Camera
    Basic written communication skills (ABC narrative - Acurate Brief and Clear)
    Digital Camera

Description of work details:
    1. write a short paragraph for each component of the house on Microsoft Word template provided
    2. take lots of photographs of defects
    3. take lots of infrared photographs of anomalies (both visual and infrared) NO INTERPRETATION REQUIRED!
    4. Prepare a zip file
    5. get paid (monthly - invoices must be received before the 20th of each month)

Inspectors interested in this opportunity should reply to:

employment@CastrilloHomeService.com

or call

1-800-675-4677
    You might want to contact Brain as I would consider this and advertisement!

Anyway, why in the world do you want the inspector to have an IR camera? I would hope that with a requirement like this the inspections would start in the $500 range, but we all know that this will not be the case. With a "Short" sale nobody is going to spend anything extra. I would bet that the fee for an inspection like this would be in the $200 range, and that won't cover the cost and additional time required for the use of an IR camera.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I wonder how this work in state like my own (IL) where the scope of inspection and some of the reporting requirements are legally mandated - this for example looks a lot more like a "home inspection" than something like (for example) a draw inspection.

Also, I wonder what my E&O underwriter would think about this sort of work.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

James Jackson Guest

Michael, funny you mention it. I have someone I'm coaching in IL as we text doing one. I am familiar with the IL laws, however a short sale inspection technique we do is not quite the same as a Home Inspection, nor does it conform to any of the HI organizations SOP's.

Scott,

Why would you need an Xray or CAT scan if you look in good condition?

Our format of "inspecting" goes far beyond any scope inspection you've ever seen and some of the short sales we've been hired for have bought homes as low as land value.

Without the camera, you can't play...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by James Jackson View Post
    Michael, funny you mention it. I have someone I'm coaching in IL as we text doing one. I am familiar with the IL laws, however a short sale inspection technique we do is not quite the same as a Home Inspection, nor does it conform to any of the HI organizations SOP's.

Scott,

Why would you need an Xray or CAT scan if you look in good condition?

Our format of "inspecting" goes far beyond any scope inspection you've ever seen and some of the short sales we've been hired for have bought homes as low as land value.

Without the camera, you can't play...sorry.
    Hi James, I have the camera and I still don't want to play!

Even though we have two IR cameras in my company, I'm still not a real fan of them. We use them more for commercial roof inspections. They are just a tool and do not provide the inspector with a definitive answer, unlike an X-ray or a CAT scan. IR technology is not the same as an X-ray!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

If it looks like a fish, swims like a fish, smells like fish, well so be it. You're in the wrong pew here JJ.

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Ya just should not throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

Jim, on your website you say that you are an ASHI member.
    He is a member of American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI), International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (IACHI), International Code Council (ICC), Appraiser Institute (AI).
    Yet, you are not listed as belonging to ASHI.
    Membership directory search

Name Chapter Name City State
    Richard Jackson
    Certified Inspector NOVA-ASHI Annandale VA
    Jim Jackson
    Retired Member North Carolina Cary NC
    Ronald Jackson
    Certified Inspector Indiana Chapter of ASHI Indianapolis IN
    Alan Jackson
    Certified Inspector Ohio Strongsville OH
    Earl Jackson
    Associate with Logo Use North Carolina Mooresville NC
    Paul Jackson
    Associate Member Maineville OH
    J. David Jackson
    Associate Member Waner Robins GA
    Kenneth A. Jackson
    Associate Member Hilliard OH
    David Jackson
    Associate Member Leesburg GA
    As America’s Favorite InspectorTM I would think that you would need to correct this, either by rejoining ASHI or removing the misprint.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 06-28-2008 at 04:12 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

OK, lets cut to the chase. In my state for instance if a client just wants a roof or HVAC or an electric system inspected we can do the inspection. We do not have to do an entire inspection if this is what the client calls for. This is the only time we do not have to follow the "whole" inspection.

Next point

I get paid when I do an inspection. I do not turn in invoices once a month and wait for pay. You sound like a construction management company as I once did work for. I supply everything, do all the work and then get paid when ever.

If you want inspectors to do partial inspections then say so. If they are doing a home inspection (whole inspection) and you say you inspectors go beyond the standards (state) then they must adhere to the state guidelines for home inspections.

There is no legal wavering on this.

Explain exactly what you do and what you might pay and you might get a serious response.

Not kicking you. But you sound like the phone calls I get all the time trying to sell me something.

I will tell you what I tell them. Either come out with exactly what your inspections are all about to the masses and what and when you pay or I can guarantee you you will not hook one inspector from this site.

Could be interesting (maybe)

Just my opinion

Ted

James Jackson Guest

Scott,

Website update to read past member of ASHI. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Jerry,

Not worth commenting

Ted,

Thanks for your sincere concerns. Here the chase cut...

It is a survey based on your opinion of what you see. (Example - gated community, well maintained yard, grass over 4" high, older home, water stains on ceilings, etc) There is no ROOF CLIMBING / ATTIC CRAWLING / CRAWLSPACE CRAWLING / REPORT WRITING (we write the reports based on the info you provide us).

We provide you a very simple format that will take less than 1 hour with photo's (regular & IR) as well as commenting on various areas (general appearance of various areas).

Pay will start at $200 and could pay up to $500 (as Scott predicted). Work is expected in 96 hours after receipt (business days).

Regarding the invoices - there is not waiver on this. It is the only way we can keep tabs on who gets paid what and is REQUIRED for accounting. I know you understand.

Our format is NOT a HI and can be done by anyone - problem is not everyone has an IR camera. A teamwork approach is acceptable if you choose.

If you want to know more contact me at the methods provided & we'll talk more on a 1:1 basis.

We currently do 10 - 15 of these surveys a week in Florida. We have recently expanded to IL and have two pending clients in OR and NV. By end of year we expect at least 20 states on board.

Regular work cannot be guaranteed, but as long as forclosures are on the rise we'll be busy for the next 3 - 4 years.

James, thank you for the update and your honesty with your product. Hope it works well for you..

I still don't understand why you are placing so much emphasis on an IR scan, but if it working and everyone is happy that is about all you can ask for.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

So, what you are saying is you are not inspecting systems in a home.

If you are not checking any systems in a home, getting into an attic (where a multitude of concerns could lay) what service are you providing your client.

Framing, insulation, operation of systems, roof covering, water heaters, electric service/panel/lighting/GFCI/arc fault/fault outlets appliances etc. etc

If the man doing the not home inspection is not inspecting the home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what service are you providing your clients

You say

"write a short paragraph for "each" component "

"take lots of photographs of defects"

"take lots of infrared photographs of anomalies"

Your quotes above depicts (and then some) a home inspection and will be used a a Real Estate transaction (sell, buy) with out stepping into an attic, crawl, roof.

I guess you won't be doing that in Texas or other licensed states that require a home inspection license because a home inspector could not perform those inspections. As far as anyone else performing those home (not home) inspections, they would have to be a licensed home inspector and could not do those inspections based on your guidelines. They would have to follow TREC guidelines.

Just some basic info from your local radical Texas state licensed home inspector.

My opinion

Ted

imported_John Smith Guest

From the "authors" website:

Don't kill your deal over things that don't matter. It is inappropriate to demand that a seller address deferred maintenance, conditions already listed on the seller's disclosure, or nit-picky items.

What?

James Jackson Guest

This will be my last post regarding our needs. If interested - contact me if not - your post will be left for others to read

There are no sellers or buyers initially in a short sale survey - only investors. Investors know what these reports are and they know it's not a home inspection. The transaction is between my client Short Sale Exchange (a wholesaler) and the bank only.

For reference a short sale is a negotiated price for a property with little or no equity. An IR camera is a MUST to "see" potential hidden structural defects and create equity. In fact we WANT "Deal Killers" that are nit picky just like a buyer would be.

The anomolies will be interpreted by our thermographer and we assume ALL liabilities.

Regarding insurance - GL is all that's required to protect the persons personal property is something gets broken.

Regarding TX - these surveys are legal and we will be in TX soon. I've pretty much explained the "just" of what we need. Training will be provided in a webinar and 1:1 training may also be in the works (yes I'll travel to you & show you how easy it is) - It is not a HI but you do need HI skills or some basic construction knowledge.

Again if interested or you desire more info - contact me directly - no further post will be made

Cheers.

If this is such a great deal for HIs, Im sure you will be seeing lots of competition in the near future. I dont understand the IR requirement, but hey thats your gig, good luck with it.

Imported_John Smith

Imported_John Smith "The Worlds Favorite Inspector".

Quote Originally Posted by imported_John Smith View Post
    Imported_John Smith "The Worlds Favorite Inspector".
    (Don't want to go too far out of my Service Area.)
    "The Galaxies Favorite Inspector".

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Billy, its funny, I thought of attaching the galaxies favorite inspector to my name. It just seemed a little too pompous...........

Quote Originally Posted by imported_John Smith View Post
    Billy, its funny, I thought of attaching the galaxies favorite inspector to my name. It just seemed a little too pompous...........
    Sorry Charlie, ( John )

We're not going to have a Copy Right Dispute ( are we? )

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Sorry Charlie, ( John )

We're not going to have a Copy Right Dispute ( are we? )
    Nah, Nick G is the master of that!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Nah, Nick G is the master of that!
    Drat !