imported_John Smith Guest

Default Hard Copy Report Mailing

Im using the US Postal Service these days. Anyone have a suggestion for something cheaper/faster. If your using USPS which method of shipment are you purchasing.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Hard Copy Report Mailing

Why are you mailing out hard copies anyway?

By the time you mail out the hard copy and the USPS actually gets around to delivering it, their option period is probably going to be up anyway.

I hadn't mailed a report in years. Are their still people who don't have the internet? C'mon now.

rick

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I also stopped mailing hard copies of reports a couple years ago. I'll still mail one if somebody really wants a hard copy but not printing and mailing has saved me a lot of paper, time, and postage.

On the inspections when I printed a report for my client (new homes and warranty inspections), I not only e-mailed the report (or made it available to download from my website), but I sent the printed copies (2 copies) via FedEx, next day.

Just add it into your fee or add it on for those who need it if not many needed it (I simply had it added in, needed or not, the fee was added into the inspection cost).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

If you teach your buyers and agents one way they will do it that way.

I email only. I dont print any thing. If they don't have email i will send it to Escrow or the agent. They need the info in the report now not next week. if i email it today what good is a report they will get by mail 2 days later.

If you email it to them they now have power over the report and can post it on a website. send it to others or review it any time they want.

What i would print out and send by snail mail is the same thing i email them and they can print it out.

Best

Ron

I stopped printing normal home inspection reports about seven years ago! The first few years, I had to still print a few but as time went on it became less and less. I now charge an additional $10 if they want a hard copy and $25 to FedEx. For a CD copy, I don't charge anything other than a mailing/service fee.

I don't advertise my fee for printing, and I really don't recall the last time a client even asked for a hard copy. I have had a couple of agents ask for a hard copy because they did not know how to print from the PDF. They were also too cheap to pay the $10 and found someone in their office to print it for them.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Depending on somebody's printer, they may not be able to print PDF files. If the printer is older and has out of date print drivers that cannot be updated, the only soultion is a new printer........or asking somebody else to print it for them. I had a 5 year old Compaq printer that would not print out PDF files so I had to upgrade to something new that would.

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    I had a 5 year old Compaq printer that would not print out PDF files so I had to upgrade to something new that would.

You most likely had something else going on, PDF Files have been around much longer than five years. I still daily use an HP G85 All-In-One printer purchased in 1999.

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

All Reports are Printed On-Site and Emailed to Client.

For clients that can not stay or do not attend the inspection, the report is emailed along with a hard copy sent via USPS Priority Mail.

Ted Menelly Guest

Hard copy and ! emailed copy???? If the client wants me to email it to them they are not getting a hard copy as well.

Sometimes they wants me to email it to a few places and or print them a few copies. I tell them very politely that I will email them and then they can do with it as they wish.

Just me

Ted

I don't even e-mail the report.
    I e-mail the client a URL where they can retrieve the report after I upload it to my web site server.

For instance;

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    Thank you for ... etc.. etc..
    Your Home Inspection Report is available for viewing and printing at
    www.home2spec.com/Smith
    (doesn't exist)
    Your report will be available at the above mentioned URL for the next 30 days.
    If you have any Questions feel free to call me @ xxx-xxxx

Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Victor DaGraca View Post
    I don't even e-mail the report.
    I e-mail the client a URL where they can retrieve the report after I upload it to my web site server.

For instance;

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    Thank you for ... etc.. etc..
    Your Home Inspection Report is available for viewing and printing at
    www.home2spec.com/Smith
    (doesn't exist)
    Your report will be available at the above mentioned URL for the next 30 days.
    If you have any Questions feel free to call me @ xxx-xxxx
    Just curious. Is it not just as easy to email to the client and Realtor as it is to upload to your site. I know folks that do that as well. Creating a file, uploading the report to it. I just turn my report into a PDF and email it off. Maybe a few minutes of time at best.

Ted

imported_John Smith Guest

I email the reports too (PDF), but some of my clients need a hard copy report. Like Jerry P, its included in the cost of the inspection. I was just looking for the most cost effective way to mail or ship.

I used to always provide a mailed hard copy along with an emailed pdf. Sometimes I would have to fax, which usually didn't work well. I always thought it was a good customer courtesy to provide a hard copy. Many clients wanted one. Overtime people want a hard copy less and less. I always email and will provide a hardcopy upon request. If I can mail regular I don't charge for it. If Fedex I charge cost. Often times though if their current residence isn't a drag to get to I will drop it off. "What? Is that guy crazy?"
    I have ulterior motives! I get to hop on the bike and ride... any reason is a good one to me.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Just curious. Is it not just as easy to email to the client and Realtor as it is to upload to your site.
    Ted,

I also made my reports down loadable from my site.

However, I did it for a different reason. My .pdf files were frequently 15-18 MB in size, and few people could accept an e-mail that large.

I e-mailed the ones I could, made them all available from my web site for downloading (whomever the client gave their username and password to could download and print their own copy), and even printed hard copies for my new construction/warranty inspections (which was most of my business).

Instead of taking the attitude of *I don't friggin' do that*, take the attitude of *sure, ma'am, I do that out of courtesy for my clients* ... of course, though, you will be compensated for it, because you can charge more.

One way to have to keep your prices low is to refuse to step up to the plate and actually do something extra for your clients. Pretty soon it becomes ... 'You really need to use Ted, he does this, and this, and this, and this, and he only charge a little bit more - but he sure is worth it.'

Try it, you'll like it.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

I guess I should not use the word never or the like. I do (rarely) mail a report off. I do print a report on site if I finish it and will hand them their copy. No, I am not an insufferable p---k. I guess I was trying to make the point that some folks just want it all and expect it. I accomodate some and do charge extra on occasions depending on the circumstances.

As in your case Mr Jerry, I have never had a 1000 page report with 300 photos. Most can be optimised down to a meg or even less. I guess when I take the Jerry course of inspection and start doing 3 day 15,000 sf homes I will have to go another route. The closest I got to that point was almost doing a 22000 sf government seizure for an investor.

Again excuse my bluntness about never , or wouldn't. That is obviously not true. Just simpler to make a point I guess.

Oh yeah, my clients love my little miserable a-s

Ted Menelly Guest

Forgot to add a bunch of

There was no sarcasm intended.

There was no sarcasm intended.
    I got that.

But, if you were to

start doing 3 day 15,000 sf homes
    You would still be short changing your clients ... those should take a lot longer than 3 days.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

When I did on site hard copy reports (seems like a lifetime ago) I would sometimes mail them. I used USPS Priority mail unless they needed it next day, then I used FedEX. I would sometimes hand deliver them, or drop them off at my bank (I have a great relationship with my bank) so they could come by and pick them up.

When I started using a computer based reporting system I printed out the report on site, put it in a binder and handed it to them. I would print extras for the agent if my client requested. I also would burn a c/d if they wanted.

Then I figured out how to upload them to a web site (I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes) and life changed.

An odd thing happened one day that also was a head slap moment. MY printer broke during the printing, and all of a sudden, downloading the report was NOT so hard, and the NEED to have that hard copy in hand was NOT all that important either. A light went off.

I started handing my clients my card with the download information and their password on it explaining how the report would be available for download and also making sure they DID have a computer, or access to one, and also making sure they had a high speed connection. I told them I could also burn them a c/d too if they had dial-up.

In the rare case where they don't have a computer, 99% of the time their Realtor pipes up with "I can print it out for you back at the office".

IN a few cases I print it out at home and mail it to them, or drop it off, or they pick it up at my bank.

I really expected an uproar when I quit printing on site. When a Realtor started in, all I would say is, "My printer broke yesterday, sorry....but, I can do this for you....". They seemed to get over it quickly.

Now, what do I do with the 50 or so binders in my garage? I guess when school starts up I can donate them.

In the past year I have mailed a few c/d's, and just a couple printed reports. I use regular mail or Priority mail flat rate envelopes.

"Just curious. Is it not just as easy to email to the client and Realtor as it is to upload to your site. I know folks that do that as well. Creating a file, uploading the report to it. I just turn my report into a PDF and email it off. Maybe a few minutes of time at best.

Ted"

Sorry I just got around to answering... been busy and all that.

ECJ answered the question. It's a matter of size and what most e-mail accounts handle.
    My reports contain lots of pictures. I take pictures of everything. I do not do "driveway reports" and you'd be amazed at how many times the pictures I took help me to word a comment. And, of course the picture which is worth a thousand words, backs up the comment.
    I include the pictures at the highest resolution possible within the document and, as you know PDF documents allow you to zoom in to some incredible detail. Including high res pics makes for a sizeable document but, more than once, I've heard from a client "I see what you mean".
    I include pics for every "red highlight" comment in my report. there is no mistaking the problem and my proof of the problem. Some reports get to be quite large. Neddless to say, this doesn't please some "real estate professionals" but I've had calls from some when it comes to inspections on their own properties.

This works for me and may not be for everyone. In the end it's about what works best for you.

www.Home2Spec.com

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    My .pdf files were frequently 15-18 MB in size, and few people could accept an e-mail that large.

Here is a PDF Version of the Bible at a mere 3 MB, even God could find a way to say all the important stuff in less words.

"even God could find a way to say all the important stuff in less words"

What , no pictures?

No wonder a lot of folks don't get it.

And, it keeps the PDF down to a manageable size.

www.Home2Spec.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Here is a PDF Version of the Bible at a mere 3 MB, even God could find a way to say all the important stuff in less words.

"even God could find a way to say all the important stuff in less words"

What , no pictures?

No wonder a lot of folks don't get it.

And, it keeps the PDF down to a manageable size.
    "manageable size"?

Actually, he said *all the important stuff* in Ten Commandants ... that's a very "manageable size" ... however, even many "Christians" don't get it.

So there is no need to frown on anyone.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

ECJ
    Point taken... (all ten)

But... Wouldn't you miss out on all those begats?

It'd be like and incomplete Report.

www.Home2Spec.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Tomorrow when I am taking bread and drinking wine I am tellin on all of you. Youin all goin straight to the fiars of damnation

Ted Menelly Guest

Well thank you Joseph. I never had a pdf of the bible.

Only 720 pages in under 3 meg. Impressive.

In reality when I take a 3 meg report or more it always is less than a meg after i optimize the pdf. I optimize the pics before adding it to the pdf and then optimize it again. It comes out pretty small.

It'd be like and incomplete Report.
    Victor,

It's a "summary" of the entire report document, and, I'd say, a pretty concise "summary".

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I deliver the report via email but also offer to send a CD or a hard copy print. So far, everyone is satisfied with the emailed version and none have asked for anyhting more.

I have had sellers agents call me and ask for the report. No no no, I tell them. The report is the property of the client and you'll have to talk to them about that.

There is a section in my agreement that allows the client to authorize me to send the report to their agent (buyers). That is done in the same email as to the client, but only if they authorize by signing.

Last edited by John Dirks Jr; 07-06-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    I have had sellers agents call me and ask for the report. No no no, I tell them. The report is the property of the client and you'll have to talk to them about that.

I send my report to whoever will read it, (especially Realtors) to me it is just good cheep advertising.

I send my report to whoever will read it, (especially Realtors) to me it is just good cheep advertising.
    So after you become President of ASHI your FREE to do what's only Good For You ?

Maybe setup a Pay Per-View Report System. Market it to HVAC, Plumbers, Roofers, Electricians, Lawyers, Whoever will read it ( for a fee. )

http:cheep - definition of cheep by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    "A Faint Shrill Sound. Yep.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_John Smith View Post
    Im using the US Postal Service these days. Anyone have a suggestion for something cheaper/faster. If your using USPS which method of shipment are you purchasing.
    USPS Fixed Rate priority to mail report in a 3-ring binder weighing just under 2 lbs. Envelopes are free and I use the USPS mailing label web site to print the shipping label. Rate went to $4.75 in May this year.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    So after you become President of ASHI your FREE to do what's only Good For You ?

What gives you the idea I'll wait till then?

Every individual...generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it. By preferring the support of domestic to that of foreign industry he intends only his own security; and by directing that industry in such a manner as its produce may be of the greatest value, he intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention. Adam Smith - The Wealth of Nations, Book IV Chapter II

As far as ASHI goes... I'm currently VP of my chapter & a national COR Rep, not bad for being a 3-year member, it appears I'm on schedule, how about you?

What gives you the idea I'll wait till then?

Every individual...generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it. By preferring the support of domestic to that of foreign industry he intends only his own security; and by directing that industry in such a manner as its produce may be of the greatest value, he intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention. Adam Smith - The Wealth of Nations, Book IV Chapter II

As far as ASHI goes... I'm currently VP of my chapter & a national COR Rep,
    not bad for being a 3-year member, it appears I'm on schedule, how about you?
    Joe,

Then you've read the ASHI Code of Ethics ?

Page 8 Section 2. C Inspectors shall not disclose inspection results or client information without client approval.

It does not say " he intends only his own gain "

Might not want to go shopping for drapes Quite Yet.

Attached Files Attached Files
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Deleted Account Guest

Page 8 Section 2. C Inspectors shall not disclose inspection results or client information without client approval.

It does not say " he intends only his own gain "

I am a businessman, here is a part of my inspection contract which all of my clients sign...

4. The inspection and report are performed and prepared for the use of CLIENT, who gives the INSPECTOR permission to discuss observations with real estate agents, owners, repair persons, and other interested parties. INSPECTOR accepts no responsibility for use or misinterpretation by third parties.

Billy, Go figure.

BTW What is it about Adam Smith's invisible hand that you didn't understand? Greed is good, no soup for you!

"The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.
    Greed is right.
    Greed works.
    Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
    Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind." Gordon Gekko -
    Wall Street

In regards to ASHI I did a search for Stephens, guess what, I didn't find a Billy Stephens listed in the ASHI directory? Why would you think that I would take a non-members opinion of an ASHI document? You must have mistaken me for what, a relative?

Number of results: 3
    You are now viewing records 1 through 3.
    New search

Name Company Inspector details Inspector phone

Dale E. Stephens Home Inspection Technology
    Contact detail (952) 250-6780

Mark Stephens Cornerstone Inspection Group
    Contact detail * (404) 259-1682

Michael J. Stephens American Home Inspections, LLC
    Contact detail * (703) 239-2175

Last edited by Deleted Account; 07-06-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Added quotes

I am a businessman, here is a part of my inspection contract which all of my clients sign...

4. The inspection and report are performed and prepared for the use of CLIENT, who gives the INSPECTOR permission to discuss observations with real estate agents, owners, repair persons, and other interested parties. INSPECTOR accepts no responsibility for use or misinterpretation by third parties.

In regards to ASHI I did a search for Stephens, guess what, I didn't find a Billy Stephens listed in the ASHI directory? Why would you think that I would take a non-members opinion of an ASHI document? You must have mistaken me for what, a relative?
    Gosh Joe,

Nice flip on the flop, You are Presidential, to bad it's missing from your web site.
    You being a business man & all.

I'm not a member of any National Organization, But I can READ a simple sentence.
    (Would you like me to Mail back the ASHI app. they sent me? ) or let my dog take the other org. online Master Certified (Send in the Cash) exam.

As far as the Invisible Hand is concerned I'm seeing a Version of a Stroking Cupped C.

BTW All my Male Relatives are Taller than 5ft 3in.

Deleted Account Guest

You are Presidential, to bad it's missing from your web site.

Thanks for noticing, but it is here and that is all that really matters now... Aint it?

Noising around things where your opinion is lower than dogshit leads me to believe you must have too much time on your hands, is business slow or are the NACHI guys eating your lunch again?

Buck up Billy, in a few more years you too might be eligible to join ASHI yourself, that is if you can get someone to pass the NHIE for you.

Thanks for noticing, but it is here and that is all that really matters now... Aint it?

Buck up Billy, in a few more years you too might be eligible to join ASHI yourself, that is if you can get someone to pass the NHIE for you.
    Don't matter to me.( Ain't You the One) Why would it? As you pointed out Non-Member.

Scan & Post Your Passing NHIE test Score ( Requirement to be licensed in TN.) I'll do the same.

Tennessee License # 592
    Mississippi license # 0418

I think this Guy Wore a Size 6 as well.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Deleted Account Guest

Scan & Post Your Passing NHIE test Score

Please don't flatter yourself with the notion that what you think, do or say holds any value, we all know that a state license is the lowest form of approval one can hold.

Licensing simply sets a low entry bar which says to everyone that the state won't allow anyone dumber or more incompetent than you to perform home inspections, what an accomplishment. I suggest passing a real independent exam like the IRC, (type Burkeson in the search window) come back then grasshopper and we will talk.

Please don't flatter yourself with the notion that what you think, do or say holds any value, we all know that a state license is the lowest form of approval one can hold.

Licensing simply sets a low entry bar which says to everyone that the state won't allow anyone dumber or more incompetent than you to perform home inspections, what an accomplishment. I suggest passing a real independent exam like the IRC, come back then grasshopper and we will talk.
    We Who?
    That would be easy to Prove Post Your NHIE Test Score.
    IRC is OPEN BOOK , you index the pages bla,bla, O that's right you teach a course on How to( flip the pages) Work The System.

Joe, No Test, Position or title can instill Morales or Ethics. Might try that 3mb download you posted.

Deleted Account Guest

We Who?
    That would be easy to Prove Post Your NHIE Test Score.
    IRC is OPEN BOOK , you index the pages bla,bla, O that's right you teach a course on How to( flip the pages) Work The System.

Joe, No Test, Position or title can instill Morales or Ethics. Might try that 3mb download you posted.

If No Test, Position or title can instill Morales or Ethics, what is it you attempting to accomplish with my NHIE score? Anyone who has ever taken the NHIE know that if you attempt to copy or scan the test result page the words "VOID" get copied all over the document, why would I want to post a document that appears to be void? You post yours first.

Just cause I don't acknowledge your low-bar licensing credentials you question my morality & ethics, and what gives you the friggin' right? Kiss my ass Billy!

Last edited by Deleted Account; 07-06-2008 at 09:26 PM.

If No Test, Position or title can instill Morales or Ethics, what is it you attempting to accomplish with my NHIE score? Anyone who has ever taken the NHIE know that if you attempt to copy or scan the test result page the words "VOID" get copied all over the document, why would I want to post a document that appears to be void? You post yours first.

Just cause I don't acknowledge your low-bar licensing credentials you question my morality & ethics, and what gives you the friggin' right? Kiss my ass Billy!
    Post # 29 followed by( excuses) #32 Joe.( Morales & Ethics)

Oh Joe, Even if You Don't Acknowledge ( The State of TN. & MS does. ) they have a copy of my passing NHIE .

Would a picture work Joe? To Prove How Much Smarter You are than me?

KMA? My Chiropractor say's I can't Stoop over that Low.

It's just wrong to Spread The Clients Report around for no other reason that Self- Promotion. [ But I could Have mislead them into signing away any rights]

But I don't expect You ( I'm Better, Smarter than everybody else) to get that point.

At least I tried.

Last edited by Billy Stephens; 07-06-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: mislead

Deleted Account Guest

Billy,

What is your fetish with my NHIE, believe mine is bigger? Hell, it is such an meaningless document that I hold little respect for. I mean back in 2003 I took a lousy 5-day ITA course on spectin' homes and shazam! the following week sat & passed the NHIE, how could that be of any interest to you?

What is next Billy a photo of my underwear drawer, too you bad you lose pagans don't wear any! Ha Ha! Get a life, preferably one of your own and one that quells the monsters lurking under your bed.

Billy,

What is your fetish with my NHIE, believe mine is bigger?
    Hell, it is such an meaningless document that I hold little respect for. I mean back in 2003 I took a lousy 5-day ITA course on spectin' homes and shazam! the following week sat & passed the NHIE, how could that be of any interest to you?

What is next Billy a photo of my underwear drawer, too you bad you lose pagans don't wear any! Ha Ha! Get a life, preferably one of your own and one that quells the monsters lurking under your bed.

Don't have one. You brought it up ( before you Edited & added your GREED IS GOOD
    saying I would need someone to Pass it for me .) Correction Post # 36

PLEASE NO PERSONAL PICTURES!!!!

I already have one from your formative years.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 07-06-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Correction Post # 36

Ron Bibler Guest

Thats a sick looking kid! Put it back in.

Its not done yet needs to cook for a bit more.

bESt

RoN

Since Inspection agreements have become part of this topic I have a couple of questions for everyone.

1. How many of you use an Inspection agreement?

2. Those who use an inspection agreement, do you post it on a webpage and/or make some other effort to allow the client to read it prior to the appointment?

BTW, I took and passed the NHIE. In my opinion, it was not easy. The course test that followed the 50hr training was piece of cake. The NHIE was not a piece of cake.

Deleted Account Guest

My (bold) answers follow your questions & comments.

Since Inspection agreements have become part of this topic I have a couple of questions for everyone.

1. How many of you use an Inspection agreement? - I use the NACHI Agreement, it is automated & on-line or you can as I do and have your own software fill in the inspection details.

2. Those who use an inspection agreement, do you post it on a webpage and/or make some other effort to allow the client to read it prior to the appointment? - I will email it to my out of town clients prior to the inspection, mostly I just carry it to the inspection where it is signed by my client. It is a 1-page simple language contract that no one has ever balked at.

BTW, I took and passed the NHIE. In my opinion, it was not easy. The course test that followed the 50hr training was piece of cake. The NHIE was not a piece of cake. - Regarding the NHIE it is an entry exam where the majority of people who take it pass it, which is just the opposite of my NJ electrical licensing exam which had a 20% passing ratio for first time exam takers. I guess it all comes down to your background, experience, education and the ability to cram and then access mostly useless information.

Deleted Account Guest

Don't have one. You brought it up ( before you Edited & added your GREED IS GOOD
    saying I would need someone to Pass it for me .) Correction Post # 36

Well excuse me, I just naturally assumed that someone whose head is stuck so far up their butt as you (post #33) AND has passed the NHIE would ALREADY be an association member.

Below is a photo of Billy snapped right after taking the dreaded NHIE. Billy, tell me is the reason that you are not already an ASHI member due to some past problem regarding the ethics exam or its qualifications? Maybe I can help... I know somebody who knows somebody who owes somebody a favor, you know?

Last edited by Deleted Account; 07-07-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Picture wouldn't load the first time.

1. How many of you use an Inspection agreement?

2. Those who use an inspection agreement, do you post it on a webpage and/or make some other effort to allow the client to read it prior to the appointment?

BTW, I took and passed the NHIE. In my opinion, it was not easy. The course test that followed the 50hr training was piece of cake. The NHIE was not a piece of cake.
    To receive state "Certification" in Virginia, you have to have a written agreement. The requirements are pretty straight forward but you are required to state not only the inspection fee but also how it was paid. I don't understand why the "how" was required, but it's in my agreement. And yes, I do post one on my web site. I also post a sample inspection report. Based on an actual inspection but I changed the client info and the property location.

BTW: I also passed the NHIE exam (first time too). Was it easy? Well, no. But, I took enough practice tests to have a good feel for what was on the exam and the "best answer" questions.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

not already an ASHI member due to some past problem regarding the ethics exam or its qualifications? Maybe I can help... I know somebody who knows somebody who owes somebody a favor, you know?
    Joe,

Now would that be ETHICAL?

Deleted Account Guest

Now would that be ETHICAL?

What can I say, that is the way business is conducted where I grew up in New Jersey. Its always who you know, leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Rick Maday Guest

Just curious. Is it not just as easy to email to the client and Realtor as it is to upload to your site. I know folks that do that as well. Creating a file, uploading the report to it. I just turn my report into a PDF and email it off. Maybe a few minutes of time at best.

Ted
    Few minutes of time also to create an "Intro Page" on your website, upload the pdf and email the link. Client can (and often will) forward it to:

Their agent
    Their Lawyer
    Listing Agent
    Seller
    Sellers Lawyer
    Father
    Brother
    Friend
    Mother
    Sister
    Cousin
    etc...

Inmagine - 11 people get to see your work (report) and website. Now multiply that by # of inspections per year and you have let thousands of people (that you may not know) see your stuff. hmmm...

I ask clients who all they want me to email the report too and I'll gladly email all those people a link to the report on my site.

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Maday View Post
    Few minutes of time also to create an "Intro Page" on your website, upload the pdf and email the link. Client can (and often will) forward it to:

Their agent
    Their Lawyer
    Listing Agent
    Seller
    Sellers Lawyer
    Father
    Brother
    Friend
    Mother
    Sister
    Cousin
    etc...

Inmagine - 11 people get to see your work (report) and website. Now multiply that by # of inspections per year and you have let thousands of people (that you may not know) see your stuff. hmmm...

I ask clients who all they want me to email the report too and I'll gladly email all those people a link to the report on my site.

Careful now you don't want to piss off Billy Stephens (he may be forced to post some silly-ass photo or something depicting his angry thoughts) as he appears to be on some sort of a crusade to prevent reports from being seen by anyone other than the person who paid for the report.

About the person who pays for the report. It should be their exclusive right to decide who to share it with. Period.

Rick Maday Guest

About the person who pays for the report. It should be their exclusive right to decide who to share it with. Period.
    It is.
    I don't think that was ever in question.