Default WEBSITE HIJACKING

I am experiencing a very frustrating problem. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens MOST of the time.

Since everyone here is so much into improving their SEO rankings, I'm sure you will understand how I feel. Anger, Panic, Frustration!!!!

Here goes.

I live in Staten Island, for those that do not know it, Staten Island is one of the five boroughs of New York City. The areas that I have targeted are Staten Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhatten and Long Island.

If you search "EIFS inspections staten island," my EIFS website shows up in the #1 and #2 positions, I also show up #3 and #4 from ActiveRain. This problem happens at my direct listings (my website address) and/or at an ActiveRain listing.

When I click on one of the listings, and the occurance switches from listing to listing, many times I am brought to some other HI website, or to mine for an instant and then to the other. Sometimes it is to the same website, sometimes to a completely different website, sometimes to an HI search site or some other type of search site.

Sometimes I am able to "arrow back" to get to the search results page, most of the time I am locked into the "pirate" site and have to do a completely new search to get away. Sometimes, if I try it a second time it works properly, sometimes a different listing gets hijacked.

Almost ALWAYS at least one or more of the listings gets hijacked.

By the way, the sites I am brought to is almost always in a different part of the country, so it's not like it will do anybody any good. But if someone is looking for an inspector, I'm sure they are not going to realize they have been kiddnapped or try to get to me again.

I contacted one of the site owners, he was very nice and insisted he did nothing to create this situation. He gave me the name of his provider.

All of the work and time that I (we) invest in trying to better our SEO and sites should not be in vain.

IT JUST ISN"T RIGHT AND THERE HAS GOT TO BE A WAY OF PROTECTING OUR WORK.

Steve

I have two websites, the one that I have noticed the problem with is my EIFS website. I wonder if when my HI website (it is a new site) rises in ranking if the same problem will occur?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Default Re: WEBSITE HIJACKING

When I click on the link of your signature, this is what comes up....

This Account Has Been Suspended
    Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Arrow Re: WEBSITE HIJACKING

Yep... what Joseph said.
    Your EIFS site comes up just fine. I clicke on your links on the home page no prob.

Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

You may just have a sneaky virus. I had the same problem lately and bought a new Norton 360. It could not load. The virus was not allowing so I called their hotline fix and they accessed online and worked out the bugs for over an hour. 100 buck well spent.

Ron Bibler Guest

This may not be your problem. But i have a problem with some of these web sites like yellowpage.com and others that pop up when someone in my area is looking for a home inspection company and the only thing they get is yellowpage.com advertizing them self as a home inspection. My name ph # is on there web site and i never ask them to put me on it.
    then they keep calling me up asking if i want to upgrade my add. WHAT!

Sucks

Ron

Thanks for the responses,

I updated my signature, it was linking to an old website that is no longer in service.

The problem only happens when I try to link to my site from a Google or browser search page.

Someone else also suggested that it might be a virus in my computer, I am trying to debug it with some virus downloads they directed me to. If that doesn't work, I'll try the Norton solution.

Steve

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

I would agree that it sounds like some kind of malware. Get a really good anti-virus protection system, not just piece meal and see if it cleans it up. My computer guy swears by Kaspersky. About $60 buck per year, but for that you get 3 computers covered. I had lots of issues with pop-ups, trojans, etc. and tried Norton that came with my IP service, then half a dozen free programs for different things and each one caught part of it. Installed the Kaspersky and after an overnight scan, no more problems and it just sits in the background now updating itself and watching. Fantastic product.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

definitely malware that causing the issues. I swear by Avast to protect computers. As long as your not some huge corp. using it on multiple computers it is free for you to use. It also doesn't lag your computer like Norton and McAffe.

Rick Maday Guest

Probably something on your PC.

email Dominic, he should be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Maday View Post
    Probably something on your PC.

email Dominic, he should be able to figure it out.
    Yeah Steve and I hooked up yesterday and he ran Spybot Search & Destroy and found 1000 problems. Isn't Malware fun

Dominic Maricic
    Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting

Rick Maday Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Maricic View Post
    Yeah Steve and I hooked up yesterday and he ran Spybot Search & Destroy and found 1000 problems. Isn't Malware fun

Dominic Maricic
    Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting

Knew you'd Git Er Done!