Thread: Slow paying

Default Slow paying

If you do draw inspections how quickly are you paid by Trinity. Seems like I wait 5-8 weeks which seems like a long time. Is anyone being paid faster by them. I also do some work for Granite and I'm paid within 10 days by direct deposit. Comments ?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Slow paying

I did my second Trinity Inspection yesterday. It did take a long time to get the $45 the first time. I did this inspection after someone else had done 10 before me. In my opinion the Trinity form makes no sense compared to Granites system. I guess you have to contact them directly to raise my fees to them. The $45 was not worth the 3 hours start to finish.

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

Thanks for the reply Paul. I agree it's hardly worth the effort. I've turned down several jobs from them, they wanted me to go a bit futher which I'd do but not for $40 which is all they pay here. I asked for more and was told no. You would think they would provide the direct deposit like Granite. I like working with those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wieczorek View Post
    If you do draw inspections how quickly are you paid by Trinity. Seems like I wait 5-8 weeks which seems like a long time. Is anyone being paid faster by them. I also do some work for Granite and I'm paid within 10 days by direct deposit. Comments ?
    I have done work for Trinity for about five years. They always pay, but they do take about 2-4 weeks to pay, if I recall they only cut checks one day every two weeks. So depending on when you get the work in it could take up to 3-4 weeks. If it is over that you might want to give them a call. Also, they will pay $50 to $60 on a normal drawl.

Granite does pay the quickest, but I also get very few from them. Granite has also gone to paying every two weeks.

DDN pays fairly fast. I would say they are on a two week schedule as well.

As for the forms, they change depending on the lender. I find Trinity the easyest to complete.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Brian Thomas Guest

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly are trinity and granite?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    on a normal drawl.
    Spoken like a true Southerner ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Brian:
    Trinity and Granite are companies that hire inspectors to take photos of new construction when a builder requests a payout. These companies charge the lenders a fee. It is done to make sure the work for which the payout is made is actually complete. A very good approach to business especially for the lender. It helps the inspectors as well. You can google both companies and apply to do inspections.

My problem is living in the country as I do there isn't much new work being d one out my way.

Brian Thomas Guest

Ah ok, thanks for the info Bill. I did a quick search online for them but got so many listings under those names, I wasnt sure which one it was. Thanks for the response!