Deleted Account Guest

Default Change In Leadership at NAHI?

BREAKING NEWS:

I was just notified that Mallory Anderson is no longer with NAHI or the Harrison Group that employed her to manage their NAHI account. Do any NAHI members have the full story on what is happening at NAHI?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Deleted Account Guest

Default Re: Change In Leadership at NAHI?

NAHI Staff NAHI Staff

Is this a good thing, then why was it not celebrated? I thought that with all the shilling that InspectionNews does for NAHI they would have been first to post the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    NAHI Staff NAHI Staff

Is this a good thing, then why was it not celebrated? I thought that with all the shilling that InspectionNews does for NAHI they would have been first to post the changes.
    It is just not that big of a deal in the scope of things. ED's change all of the time in the association world. ASHI did it this past year, when Rob P moved on to a new association and they hired Jeff Arnold. I really think you are trying to make more out of this than it is. ASHI did not advertise it for about eight weeks or longer.

JR has been working with NAHI for several years, learning the ropes. He is very competent and knowledgeable about the profession. He works for the same AMC as did Malory.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I really think you are trying to make more out of this than it is.
    Scott,

Precisely why I was hoping everyone would just ignore his post, like we all did with his other post just above it.

Joey tries to start things, the best way to deal with Joey is to ignore him.

He may not go away, but, like the screaming kid in the corner, let him play with himself until he realizes that he is only screaming at himself - everyone else is ignoring him.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Scott,

Precisely why I was hoping everyone would just ignore his post, like we all did with his other post just above it.

Joey tries to start things, the best way to deal with Joey is to ignore him.

He may not go away, but, like the screaming kid in the corner, let him play with himself until he realizes that he is only screaming at himself - everyone else is ignoring him.
    That "ignore list" feature does come in handy!

Thanks for the tip John, how easy can that be?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Deleted Account Guest

I suppose you think I had something to do with Mallory Anderson disappearance, this is the association thread ain't it?

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I couldn't care less if NAHI was headed by Mallory Anderson or Mallory Square. All I know is my sun does not rise and set by whoever is in charge of my HI organization or that of any other org. I'm confident JR and the other individuals will do a fine job of leading NAHI forward. I've got enough to think about regarding my own business without worrying about what is or isn't going on at headquarters in Minnesota.

Why do you care so much about this Joe? You're not even NAHI.

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Why do you care so much about this Joe? You're not even NAHI.

I hold a leadership position within this profession and like to stay informed.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Fair enough.

I hold a leadership position within this profession.
    Yea, Joe's V. P. ( whoop pee ) of His Locale Chapter.
    Breaking News
    They let him make the coffee sometimes.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Yea, Joe's V. P. ( whoop pee ) of His Locale Chapter.
    Breaking News
    They let him make the coffee sometimes.

I am also Membership Chairman and a National COR Rep, and will most likely be President of ASHI someday should I pursue it and stay in this profession. WTF are you besides a loud mouthed idiot?

I am also Membership Chairman and a National COR Rep, and will most likely be President of ASHI someday should I pursue it and stay in this profession. WTF are you besides a loud mouthed idiot?
    Come on Joe get over Yourself, ( others have ) . don't you have coffee to make?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is a National COR Rep?

Jerry McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McCarthy View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is a National COR Rep?
    Jerry, the COR in ASHI was formed when the ASHI BOD was reduced in size from around 60+ down to its current size of 21. To appease those who were being kicked out of the board the COR was formed. They thought they would still have some power when in all reality the COR has no power and can only voice an opinion.

Theoretically the COR is suppose to be the information conduit from the Board to the Membership (Chapters)and viceversa back to the Board. It was formed during the time when the FAX machine was the modern form of communication. Now with email and the Internet the COR is outdated and does not function as it was designed.

I would bet that less than 25% of the chapters even know they have a COR representative or what the COR is!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Council of Representatives

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Thanks guys, sort of like CREIA did a few years ago in that they stopped inviting all the chapter presidents to the board of director's meeting and instead had elections for RGs, regional directors; think there's 8 in our state?
    Saves time and space but actually disconnects the membership from the BOD. All associations are having a tough go with dropping membership and we shall see who the last man standing is?
    PS: I think CREIA has turned the corner and they're going to raise the bar again, which IMHO is a good thing!

Jerry McCarthy

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Theoretically the COR is suppose to be the information conduit from the Board to the Membership (Chapters)and viceversa back to the Board. It was formed during the time when the FAX machine was the modern form of communication. Now with email and the Internet the COR is outdated and does not function as it was designed.
    The Ivory Tower boys would like nothing better than to get rid of the COR, that is where free thinking is promoted.

The Ivory Tower boys would like nothing better than to get rid of the COR, that is where free thinking is promoted.
    And just who are the "Ivory Tower" boys?

As for Free Thinking, when was the last time you posted or commented on the ASHI (private) COR discussion board? Lot's of topics in the COR section with very few folks commenting much less thinking!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

The biggest problem with the COR is the lack of participation. Very few of the COR reps showed up at the annual conference to attend THE ONLY COR MEETING ALL YEAR.

If I remember right, Joe did not attend the meeting. As a COR member he does have the right to apply to run for a Directors position. That is the 2nd step to becoming President of ASHI.

Can't be President without serving on the Board of Directors, Joe. Can't be on the Board without sending in your application and matrix. The deadline for applications is in a few weeks, by the way.