Mitchell Meeks Guest

Default Much Needed Vacation

I am finally taking my family to Chicago soon. It will be 25 years since I have been there. My family has never been there. We are even taking a side trip to Mall of America.

Question for some of you Northerners. I see that the temperatures are going to be in upper 60's at night. Does that mean long pants weather? Right now here in the South, a couple of nights in upper 60's would be nice.

I am not even taking my briefcase. I am taking a bunch of magazines that I have been stockpiling and a couple of books and I am going to just enjoy myself.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

daniel nantell Guest

Default Re: Much Needed Vacation

Dont forget your trusty Home Inspectors ak 47 .

Oh yeah thats where I'd want to go for sure. A mall. I don't care if it was Hooter day there.

Looking up at all of the stuff in the air like open junctions, bad welds, counting light fixtures, checking out the ducts would not be a vacation for me.

I'll take the beach anyday.

rick

Upper 60's at night means humid weather around here - long pants not necessary.

Mall of America is definitely a side trip from here. Your standard mall it isn't.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

This place would be nice. This is the worlds biggest swimming pool. Not sure but I think this place is in Chile.

rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Lee Nettnin Guest

Talking Re: Much Needed Vacation

What!!!! Long pants in upper 60's. We wait 8 months of the year for warm weather and when its gets to 55 the long pants get stored away until the snow flies.
    Reminds me of a trip we took our church youth to in Calif. in the middle of winter. Gees it got 'down' to 60 and the locals were wearing gloves, long sleeves, and knit caps. We just laughed because we were wearing t-shirts and shorts. We were glad to get away from snow.
    I guess it all boils down to what temp. you are used to.
    Lee

David Banks Guest

Yea. We went to Florida last year and were lying on the beach and the lifeguard chicks were in sweatshirts shivering.

Steve Lowery Guest

Jeez! the worlds longest swimming pool a mere hundred feet from the other worlds largest swimming pool.

Yeah, but there is no sharks in the pool.

Did you hear about Ryan Seacrest?

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Yeah, but there is no sharks in the pool.

Did you hear about Ryan Seacrest?
    Rick

Until I moved here I lived between one and 10 miles from the ocean all my life. Give me a pool any day. I have great respect for those big ponds. Shark, undertow. nothing to stand on, jelly fish.

Don't do the Little pools. Little kids, old men and old ladies involuntarily losing bodily fluids, Yuck.

What happened to Ryan Seacrest??