Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default CSST Line Routed Through Garage

I saw this on a 5 year old house yesterday. The first pic is of the gas line routed through the concrete block wall in the basement to the garage. The second pic is of the line running through the garage (it goes up through the garage ceiling).

Something just looks wrong but I'm not sure what. I'm not crazy about the crappy sleeving job through the wall in the first pic. Am I being paranoid or is something not right with this this install?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Nick Ostrowski; 07-30-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: CSST Line Routed Through Garage

I would think that the line in the garage would need to be protected with a bollard or something similar to keep it from being hit by a vehicle. I have never seen a CSST or even a black pipe line run like that before.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: CSST Line Routed Through Garage

Scott, I was thinking along the same lines that the CSST may be susceptible to vehicle damage considering it's location. Seeing how this is routed is not a shock when I see how some other runs of the pipe were supported in the basement.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images