Default what kind of piers?

Ran into these the other day. I gave up writing after a little while. I had not seen these type of piers before. Anyone know anything about them?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

James Duffin Guest

Default Re: what kind of piers?

The concrete cone shaped pier is normally used below ground as footing for deck post. The stuff on top of the concrete cone looks a little amateurish and should be repaired by someone other than who did it the first time.

Looks like a screw-jack system for leveling settling floors. It's a sorry-ass installation at best and if that where in seismic country you would see the south end of Jerry going north in a huge hurry!
    Absolutel a call out for corrective work, there's no friggen connections!
    (installed by an obvious Darwin candidate)

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

The sad part is someone spent alot of time down there to do it wrong. Aside from the owners money spent. I especially like the first pic.

I was looking for the name of the manf. of these things.

Yep, this house was obviously a flip. The crawl was just horrible, no way to sugar coat it. I called a contractor I know to see if he was in the area and could stop by (my client really wanted this house in spite of it being a grade A POS).

He and I were under there and had the client and his Realtor (weighed MAYBE 80 pounds) go inside and bounce on the floor. OMG!!!! We both almost killed each other to get out of the way. The joists probably sagged an inch every time they bounced. It was just bad, bad, bad.

He gave them a WAG of about $20K to rebuild the floor system.

This guy may actually buy this house after all. He really likes it, and the seller sounds like they are going to give him about anything he wants. Probably just to rid themselves of it.

It's just a mess and frankly, I wouldn't buy it at any price, but it's not my decision to make.
    IF anyone finds out who makes these things, please let me know.
    Thanks

James Duffin Guest

Those in that first photo should join the Big Top on the high wire - that sure is some balancing act.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com