Default 2000 year old masonry

I thought that this might be of interest. It is kind of cool.
    I received an e-mail from a relative in Portugal with a Power Point Presentation of a village in the Northern mountains of Portugal. The presentation is in Portuguese so, I will try to translate some of what goes on.
    This village named “Soajos” has existed for over 2000 years, and was one of the largest agrarian communities in the area.
    In order to store the corn harvest, they built corn cribs in a “rodent proof” manner.
    The cribs were built on a granite base.
    Since Corn is the basis for bread, and bread is considered sacred, each crib is topped with a cross.
    What further impressed me were the pictures of the village. I didn’t see any wooden structures. Everything is masonry including the cobble stone streets.
    Again, this is a Power Point Presentation, so, you need Power Point Viewer to open it and it is 1.78 MB

http://home2spec.com/Soajo.pps

Enjoy.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

Default Re: 2000 year old masonry

Quote Originally Posted by Victor DaGraca View Post
    Again, this is a Power Point Presentation, so, you need Power Point Viewer to open it and it is 1.78 MB

http://home2spec.com/Soajo.pps

Enjoy.
    I opened it in Open Office version of Word as 31 individual pictures.

A Termite guy would starve to Death there.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Thank you Victor, that is beautiful. I was able to view it using Open Office Impress, which is included in the free open source alternative to Microsoft Office.

I just clicked on it and viewed it. I wonder how far down those supports go, seems like they would have to be pretty deep into that solid granite rock below to keep those things from racking and falling like dominoes.

Great photos.

But I've got both Word Perfect Office Suite and Microsoft Office Professional, so I guess I have it covered.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

David Banks Guest

Thanks Victor. Those are great!