Default Improve your website rankings for FREE!

If you have not yet joined Active Rain, you need to do it. I can't tell you how much it has help to put my site in the top 1, 2 or 3 spot for the areas that I work in. On top of that if you have a good AR Blog it will also pull up in the top of the search engines. And the best thing of all is that it is FREE!!

Yep, all you have to do is take a little time and build up your blog page. You can even copy material off your website and past it on the AR page just to get it going. Use this link to set up your site on AR ActiveRain Real Estate Network

You will be surprised at how many folks you will recognize on AR.

Crawl Space Creeper
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: Help yourself with your web rankings

I blogged regularly on AR for a while and stopped last year before Christmas.
    I have seen a decline in my Page rank since I stopped.
    Time to sharpen the pencil again.........

Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

Cool Re: Help yourself with your web rankings

Well Scott, I fell for your plan to take over the world, now I'll wait and see what happens?
    EC Jerry should be taking a look at this also as both of us do pretty much the same thing. Interesting to see just how many of Brian's loyal following jumps on your train?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

I admit I do need to improve my rankings some.

When I started my web page a 6 weeks or so ago, and about a week or so after I started it, I was at the top of page 5 when I searched "construction litigation consultants" ... I just searched that again and I came up as the first listing on the first page.

However, when searching "construction consultants", "construction litigation", "construction consultants Florida", or "construction litigation Florida" ... I am still waaaaayyyyy back there someplace.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I must warn Y'all that AR does have some real "winners" on it. Take little with a grain of salt and question everything else! It gets comical watching folks trying to sell their services to folks that could care less about it.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott, I have been on AR but doubt any real benefit. Can you explain what beneits you see?

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Jim;
    Google's spiders crawl the internet looking for "content" which is only a small portion of the totals used to score your page rank.
    Other things they look for are "backward links" to your site. InspectionNews is one such venue. When your URL can be linked to from a site with good ranking it also elevates your score.
    AR is another way of "backward linking" your site. The more you post there, the better chance you have of being picked up by Google spiders.
    One other page rank tip is, instead of paying for your domain name yearly, sign up for a 5 or 10 year commitment. Google likes commitment. You're not a "fly by night" in their spider eyes.

www.Home2Spec.com

Ted Menelly Guest

I could show you all how to do it but I am going to check the active rain thing out first. I have been at the top of google search (from 1 to a max position of 5, usually, almost all the time from #1 to #3) for years with very little shift the whole time.

I am always willing to see if something else for free can help so I will try active rain. I see people jump ahead of me all the time but is usually just for a matter of a few days at best. Being put in the first 3 is not the same as achieving the first three.

One absolute must clue is to submit not just your site but every page every month to google. All pages must have their own title and description and keywords and page entered key words.

Ted;
    This might help.

Attached Files Attached Files
    www.Home2Spec.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Victor DaGraca View Post
    Ted;
    This might help.
    My website builder has a google site map builder and submitter. I do that every few weeks. Before I used the site map thing I submitted all my pages separately. It helped tremendously.

I also have a site map link on my first page. The spiders crawl it and see every page whether they chose to look at all 19 pages or not. They crawl the site map link and there are all my pages. Like I say. Even if the spiders would not normally spider all my pages. They have no choice. They are brought to them anyway. A tremendous amount of goodies learned over all these years.

When I first moved here 4 years ago and I changed my website. It was dead for a few months until I started messing around and finally hit on what I had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Scott, I have been on AR but doubt any real benefit. Can you explain what beneits you see?
    Victor summed it up pretty good. Many times my AR listing has been ahead of one of my pages. Same goes for this site (Inspection News), I can't tell you how many times I have had a client say they found a post of mine on AR and that is why they called.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Victor summed it up pretty good. Many times my AR listing has been ahead of one of my pages. Same goes for this site (Inspection News), I can't tell you how many times I have had a client say they found a post of mine on AR and that is why they called.
    You do very well on the search Mr Scott

Nashville Home inspectors

Or

Home inspectors Nashville ( or TN)

You are in the top few. It pays big to be the top three in the generic search.

Scott,
    So do you attribute that to your activity on the AR pages or links from AR?

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Scott,
    So do you attribute that to your activity on the AR pages or links from AR?
    Well, they certainly don't hurt. I'm not so sure that the AR page really increase my website rank, but the AR page pulls up by itself in the top listings. So it is like having two or more websites working for you.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    You do very well on the search Mr Scott

Nashville Home inspectors

Or

Home inspectors Nashville ( or TN)

You are in the top few. It pays big to be the top three in the generic search.
    I even pull up better in the areas that I work in the most. Williamson County, Maury County, Columbia, Leipers Fork, Spring Hill, Thompson's Station, and Franklin TN.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I used to read up on the Active Rain site, but it gets a little to much "Me Me Me" by the realtors to keep my interest.

Everyone has some story to tell I quess.

JMHO

rick

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I even pull up better in the areas that I work in the most. Williamson County, Maury County, Columbia, Leipers Fork, Spring Hill, Thompson's Station, and Franklin TN.

I have been at the top for a while. Played with the sight now and then and found the nitch. I use to try for the 3 big search engines then gave up and stuck with google's 65% plus search share.

I tried it on top with yahoo for a while and hurt the google rankings to much. Never got that many calls from being in the yahoo top end.

I have also been on active rain a few times. It was like a bunch of old hen Realtors (oh Waite, was that here, no that was active rain).

Don't like to pick on folks but the inspectors talking on there were seriously buttering the Realtors and agreeing more often then not. I found another sight and it was horrifying. The inspectors should have just been on there knees kissing the Realtors back ends. Can't remember the sites name.

I might try the active rain thing. Any positive feedback from anything you do, know matter how high you are on the list can only help keep you there.

Gary Smith Guest

Scott you're still pulling up in Mississippi...so whatever in the heck your doing with the Active Rain thang...it's working in your old town as well....or are you still working MS?

gs