Jeremy Weir Guest

Default Lead Based Paint/Consumer Testing Business

New to the group. I provide a number of services utilizing XRF analyzers. I would like to partner with local home inspectors to add lead (heavy metals) testing to your service.

Using XRF, I provide testing of consumer goods to families, preschools, doctors, toy stores, suppliers and manufacturers. In addition, I provide lead based paint inspections for realtor, engineers and families.

It's becoming a great, what I would call, side business. It give you the opportunity to make an additional 50K in sales. It may fit well in your business, especially if you have some down time.

I am in Atlanta, but have served families and businesses in NC< AL, GA, FL TX and MS.

If anyone is interested is starting this business let me know and I will work with you on an individual basis to get you set up in your area.

my website is Exposing Lead Home

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Lead Based Paint/Consumer Testing Business

So your saying I can make an extra $50k a year, and let me guess, that is working part time from my home and anybody can do it. Yeah. Somehow, that sounds familiar. Seems like wizards were trying to turn lead into gold centuries ago.

Last edited by Rick Cantrell; 08-27-2008 at 02:21 PM.
    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Jeremy Weir Guest

Maybe it does not come off right Rick. That is 50K in sales. If you look at the website or look at Innovxsys.com to learn more about the technology. Not suggesting a get rich quick scheme, but something to consider in this slow time.

You have the network already, Lead Based Paint Inspections are easy and while you are at it use the analyzer for other purposes, like serving families in your neighborhood who have lead in their toys and dinnerware.

Rentals as low as $4,900/month, lease for under $800/mo.
    Ouch...........
    Need 50K just to use the thing.

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Jeremy Weir Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schulz View Post
    Ouch...........
    Need 50K just to use the thing.
    Correction: RTO program for $3,250 per month for 11 months and you own the unit after that. I dont sell the analyzer and if you choose there is another manufacturer (Niton) that sell a similar unit. I prefer the Innov-X, but that choice is up to you.

You can also lease the unit. As you note, how many hours do you need to bill in order to pay $800 per month. That is 1 to 2 lead paint inspections per month or 1 preschool per month or 2-3 home visits per month.

Thanks to those who have expressed interest. My goal is to set up an Exposing Lead in each state so we can quickly be the largest network in the country. This is not a franchise. It's and opportunity to expand your business.

If you are booked and dont have or need or want another revenue stream then this is not the opportunity for you. view exposinglead.com to learn about the business. And if you have questions or would like to discuss the opportunity give me a call.

RTO program for $3,250 per month for 11 months
    Thats 33 hours you have to book each month at 99.00 hr. (on your site).
    To make a profit you would need to double the hours. I can't see the market for that much work.

35,750.00 is allot of money to invest. I do allot of older homes and the people don't seem to be concerned of lead paint or lead solder in the water pipes. Most toy's now are being recalled if lead is present. I think they got a grip on the situation and if the parents think there might be lead in a toy I believe they will just toss it in the trash then to pay to have it scanned.

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

At least we do not have lead counter tops ... or did I just combine two issues and create a third "Mold is Gold" group ... ?

Yeah, lead *IS* present.

Yeah, lead *IS* bad for you.

Yeah, lead *had been* removed from many things.

Yeah, as the newslady said 'There WILL ALWAYS BE something to worry about.'

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com