Eric Shuman Guest

Default Jack flashing shingles at edges.

Does anyone else call out that the side of jack flashings should be covered by shingles at least down past where the hole or opening of the pentration is? I have seen wind driven rains blow under the edges of the flashing and come in the hole.

If you look at the vent in the background, the shingles come down farther than the vent in the foreground.

Thanks,

Eric

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Eric Shuman; 05-07-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Jack flashing shingles at edges.

So which vent is in the wrong position. The shingles lie where they lie according to initial layout. One lies at center and one above center. So you want to change the reveal on that row or what. I understand your thought but in reality it would occur rarely as the plumbers and roofers never talk.
    Can you imagine a plumber laying out the shingle pattern? That would be a good one! Or the roofer setting the waste lines? Might be even better.

Eric Shuman Guest

So what you are saying is that the shingles cannot be cut out to fit the vent as it appears they had to do at the vent in the back ground?

Tim Moreira Guest

I disagree with Wayne on this one.

The photo in the foreground looks to me like they could have and should have had another row of shingles added across the bottom of the vent.

Maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it.

Also, maybe just he angle of the photo, but is that vent the correct one for that pitch of roof? Looks a little angled.

That is not right. The shingles should be on top of the flashing.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

OK, now I see it.It does line up and should be lapped there. Sorry. I should have looker closer.