Michael Koser Guest

Default I had to laugh – at least to myself

I came across a nifty little waste line set-up for a washing machine yesterday. This has a trap with a sealed hose attachment at the end. There is a check valve just on the high side of the trap. I personally see this as a problem waiting to happen holding a lot of water above the check valve. And yes, I have seen setups like this on sump pumps. The plumber (or somebody) figured that the washing machine pump would be able to eject this wastewater up and out to the gravity fed house waste line above. A reputable builder in the area just recently finished this 48-year-old house restoration. Is there anybody out there that will tell me that I am wrong and that this is an acceptable way to plumb this waste line off the clothes washing machine?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: I had to laugh – at least to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Koser View Post
    Is there anybody out there that will tell me that I am wrong and that this is an acceptable way to plumb this waste line off the clothes washing machine?
    If one comes forward, we will line them up against the wall and shoot them.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: I had to laugh – at least to myself

Just a backflow preventer and you're in!!